Kindly Identify This Early Suspension Fork

Oulde Mechanic

Retro Newbie
Hello !

This strange suspension fork ended up in my hoarde.

I was hoping to find out more about it - and to start does anyone know who manufactured it ?

A co-worker thought it might have come off of an old Gary Fisher tandem mtn. bike circa mid-1990's.
The steerer tube is 31.7 (1&1/4") in diameter - which does possibly point to Gary.

Thanks All !
Oulde Mechanic / Hoarder

Attachments

• IMG_3931 (683x1024).jpg
    IMG_3931 (683x1024).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_3927 (683x1024).jpg
    IMG_3927 (683x1024).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_3928 (683x1024).jpg
    IMG_3928 (683x1024).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 648
Re: Re:

Chickenball":1f83slpq said:
Or Leader/Controltech fork.....but something doesn't look right on it....or is it just me!?

Looks like the shocks collapsed :?
Might just be no air but I think even at that it would sit further out, the piston I mean.

Had one for a while but it was cracked so didn't get a chance to actually ride on it which is a shame cos my amp fork has a lovely feel.

Re:

Yep, Lawwill/Controltech Leader fork, made by Controltech in USA, looks like maybe a Leader 1 fork, I think by the time the leader 3 came out the design had changed slightly. Dates from early to mid 1990's.

Actually a nice fork to ride with, better than the elastomer sprung forks that were around at the time , the fork has a similar action to the Girvin Vector forks if you've ever tried those? More of a "back and upward" motion rather than "up" motion you get with regular telescopic forks.

In working order mint ones go for a couple hundred £'s, but it looks like the shock needs a service and re-pressurized at the very least.

Back