Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:57 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 pm 

Hi there. Just found this forum, it's fab. My clockwork is a 10th anniversary edition. The back end needs a respray as it's seen better days, and some new decals are called for. But that aside, it's just a joy to ride. What are my chances of re-spraying the back end with flourescent plastikote, or am I wasting my time. It's got the Stx rc groupset, and RST 381 forks, anyone know if these are original?. Also would the forks look better in white, to compliment the frame? and lastly does anyone know where I can get some amber wall tyres. I can only seem to find black. I will post ore pics when i've got her looking tip top. Any comments welcome. She cost me £145 on the bay last summer, and i can honestly say i'm well pleased. Thanks for all the info guys. Keep up the good work. Greg, West Sussex

Attachments:
DSC01210.JPG
DSC01210.JPG [ 235.69 KiB | Viewed 1703 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Owen wrote:
I just realised I hadn't added my little Clockwork to this fine collection.. :shock:

Readers wives build thread here if anyone's interested: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

8)

Nice little clockwork, purple always goes well on an orange!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:37 pm 

Love the purple seatpost, and the colour matched Girvin Stem. Great work!! How do you find it with rigid forks versus Suspension? Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

clockwork orange wrote:
Hi there. Just found this forum, it's fab. My clockwork is a 10th anniversary edition. The back end needs a respray as it's seen better days, and some new decals are called for. But that aside, it's just a joy to ride. What are my chances of re-spraying the back end with flourescent plastikote, or am I wasting my time. It's got the Stx rc groupset, and RST 381 forks, anyone know if these are original?. Also would the forks look better in white, to compliment the frame? and lastly does anyone know where I can get some amber wall tyres. I can only seem to find black. I will post ore pics when i've got her looking tip top. Any comments welcome. She cost me £145 on the bay last summer, and i can honestly say i'm well pleased. Thanks for all the info guys. Keep up the good work. Greg, West Sussex

That's a good bike for £145. I think it was c£650 back in 1999 with that fork and STX-RC. I think it would look best with a black fork though - with the word Pace written on it. The RST is the weakest part of the recipe at present.

I think the Gods would wreak terrible vengeance on you if you resprayed the back end with flourescent plastikote - use a craft file, Kurust where necessary and Humbrol modelling paint and they would smile on you. Seriously, it looks from here as though it just needs careful tidying up.

Here is a pic of one with amber-wall tyres. I'm afraid I don't know where you can get any, but you see them from time to time.

Attachments:
1999 Clockwork 10th ann catalogue.jpg
1999 Clockwork 10th ann catalogue.jpg [ 112.38 KiB | Viewed 1684 times ]

Post subject: 1996 c-16r
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:36 pm 

Hi just discovered this forum. I have a 1996 C-16R, which I have had since new. It is in absolutely original spec, i.e. all parts as original, the decals are a bit scuffed thats all. I am not going to sell it as it is a classic bike, but would be interested as to what people think it is worth?

Ed W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:38 pm 

my new E-Six. will get some better pics up of it when my new camera arrives. this ones off my phone. got the bike for £350 two weeks ago. cant fault it yet.

Post subject: C-16R
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:07 pm 

This is my 1996 C-16R

The bike is original except for the saddle which I swapped for a Brooks B17 a couple of years back. The group set is a mix of Alivio (Chainset & Hubs) and STX RC (Derailleurs and leavers), Cantilever brakes, Orange seat post, handle bars and bar ends. FIR Wheels. A great bike :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:41 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Question Orange guru's.... Are the 99 Clockworks 1 1/8th and are they suspension corrected? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:44 pm 
Retro Guru

Definately suspension corrected and I'm pretty sure they are 1 1/8th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:47 pm 

Thanks dude. Just realised my question on travel was answered above and I responded :oops: Can any one confirm they're 1 1/8th?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next