What hubs are these?

StealthDJ

Dirt Disciple
I bought a couple of wheels in separate ebay auctions some years back. Both had hope hubs and mavic rims (One X517, one D521. Yes, I know...), both hubs had disc mounts, but I didn't really pay attention to them as I wasn't planning on running discs.

Anyway, now idly wondering if I should perhaps run matching rims (and even toyed with the idea of discs), I can't actually identify what these hubs are, in order to work out whether it's worth getting one of them laced to a new rim, or whether it's not worth the bother. I've also searched everywhere I can think of and can't find a disc that looks like it would even vaguely fit - both are a floating fit on a splined / lobed hub, with a screw-on collar holding them on, but both are different designs.

So other than 'Hope' can anyone tell me what on earth I've got?

103ACB08-5998-4CB3-A82F-0C2708516878.jpg

9DBCC3B6-288C-4260-ACC7-7E1C7209F34F.jpg

Oh that's awesome, cheers. Clearly my google-fu failed me this one :)

So the rear hub's worth hanging on to, the front not so much?

StealthDJ":mzzk6v8c said:
So the rear hub's worth hanging on to, the front not so much?
I can't really advise. It depends how much effort you want to put into sourcing the parts needed to keep them running.

eBay and the classifieds here (and on Singletrack) are your best bet for parts. The rotors seem to be still available from Hope. Both spiders have popped up on eBay in the last few months:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271892205214

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271862009894

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Rampage":31s9mv5b said:
dyna-ti":31s9mv5b said:
The spiders, especially the rear one might be very hard to come by :?

They are pretty much all in Glasgow :p

:LOL: :LOL:

I've a bag of 'em now :oops:
......and the hubs to go along :oops: :oops:

Be a nice wee project if a man had a wee proxxon mill....

Fair enough :)

I can live without disc brakes - it then becomes a case of when I try and buy another X517 rim to match the rear, do I get it re-laced to the bulb hub that I have, or would it be cheaper to just buy one already attached to another Hope hub?

Back