*Updated* What frame size is this Diamond Back Ascent EX?

Re: What frame size is this Diamond Back Ascent EX?

I can't quite decide if it's a 20" or a 22".

Here is a picture of my 20" and you can decide for yourself.

IMG_0704_zpshruqps5s.jpg

If it's the 22" then you would want to be 6 foot plus anyway for off road duties.

Re:

Cool, thanks for that FFTC. :D Your DB looks killer - hope this one cleans up as good.

The seller sent me a photo. I'm not sure how Diamond Backs are measured - the '89 catalogue has the larger sizes listed as 20.5 and 22.5 inches, and this looks like 20.5 inches c-t-c to me. Would that be right?

Should be OK for someone 6' 1" / 6' 2" you reckon?

Attachments

• 1989 DB Ascent EX 01.JPG
    1989 DB Ascent EX 01.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 706
Re: What frame size is this Diamond Back Ascent EX?

Yup, looks like the 20.5". Should be fine for that height. Look forward to seeing the build. ;)

Re:

If I ever get my hands on it there'll be quite a few things being ditched and replaced with Avenir / Diamond Back parts. :D

Not sure if I'll bother to go as far as hunting down the Farmer John's Cousin tyres. I have a pair of amberwall Kenda which look similar ... or a pair of Panaracer Ibex not currently fitted to anything.

Re:

I did eventually buy the Diamond Back Ascent EX discussed above, on July 26th this year.

It arrived at the courier depot today, 4 months after paying for it (that's how long it took the seller to get the pedals off). :facepalm:

Here it is just out of the box and hosed down. The wheels look like the originals, the Mountain LX drivetrain is intact, and the DB handlebar polishes up OK. The only downsides are both shifters are bust, the headset has gone south, and the seatpost is very rough (I can't see the size on the post, is it 26.8mm for this?).

I already have a replacement T-Bone stem and an Avenir saddle, and it's now rolling on Tioga Psycho and TT tyres. All it needs is dismantling, cleaning, greasing, tightening, and new cables.

Now bad for £38.00.

Attachments

• DB Ascent EX 01.JPG
    DB Ascent EX 01.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 553
Back