1992 GT Xizang help?!?

srocket24

Dirt Disciple
So I'm planning on buying a GT Xizang from a guy, but the back end of the bike appears to be different from the rest of the bike. Is this something that came stock on these bikes? Or was it possible that it was damaged and replaced? Any idea's?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 807
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 806
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 804
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 804
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 803
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 805
It's a regular Xizang, with a steel rear triangle and a titanium front, rarer than the LE (like I have) from 92 with the full titanium from front to rear. Very cool!! I like it.

Re:

That bike is legit. Get it! More rare than the regular Xizang LE. You don't see too many of those around.

Re:

Thanks for all you're help. I'm shocked that GT made a version of the Xizang with a rear steel triangle. So I take all the decals on the steel triangle like "NO FEAR" were just added on and not from the factory? When I get it in my possession, I'm planning on taking the stickers off the rear unless their suppose to be there. By chance, does anyone know approximately how many xizangs with the rear steel triangle were produced?

Those "no fear" decals are not factory ones, I don't know how many were made but it wasn't many! Have a look on this site I bet there is less than 3.

Back