Rebirth of the Cool!

NiteRyder

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone and thanks for letting me in!
I take it most of the people on here just love the old bikes, and like myself find the world of the Trek and Giant look-a-likes super-boring.
Who needs carbon? I got a Hi-Carbon steel bike! Anyway I've only ever had one MTB and it was a pretty nasty 2003 Saxon Nighthawk. I used it a lot but it eventually fell asunder. Recently I started to return to them. I'm in my middling years now and drowning in the nostalgia of the 80s/early 90s Raleigh and Peugeot bikes. I have a few road bikes too but I will start with my MTBs. Enjoy!

I saw this in an online advert site and was drawn to it. Did I need it? No. Why did I buy it? Like I said I was drawn to it. OMG!
I have ridden this every day now for nearly 2 weeks. It's awesome.

Saw this in an advert site for €40 and 2 days later I own it. It's heavy but after a strip down, regrease and clean is not bad at all.

This looked attractive and for €20 it was mine. I had parts hanging around and now it's a 6 speed!

This was just handed to me yesterday when I mentioned in passing I was collecting MTBs!

Another Freebie! I have called it "Green Giant"!

My bike Blog is here if anyone is interested:
http://silverryder.blogspot.ie/2015/05/ ... -fact.html

Attachments

• IMG_8418.JPG
    IMG_8418.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_8625.JPG
    IMG_8625.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_8511.JPG
    IMG_8511.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_8646.JPG
    IMG_8646.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_8665.JPG
    IMG_8665.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_8688.JPG
    IMG_8688.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 400
Re:

Thank you. It's my obsession at the moment, but a great way to tinker with mechanics and keep fit at the same time.
It's a full time hobby, every bike I see has potential. I draw the line at hybrids, carbon road bikes, low end aluminium road bikes and most modern MTBs with suspension. So it's steel road bikes and steel or alloy MTBs at this stage! Otherwise I'd go crazy collection everything that can be cycled!

02gf74":3sc6mmdf said:
Going by the length of seatpost that is visible, those frames are too big for you.
The Peugeot and the Avalanche are approx 22" frames, saying that my two good road bikes are 23.5" and I have three more 23" road bikes.
The big MTB are a bit gangly all the same!

Back