MTBs from Wintersports brands

thekidmalone

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello everyone,

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, several ski brands jumped on the MTB boom bandwagon, seeking to balance their highly seasonal business with some summer cash flow. If there was a snowboard brand which did likewise, I can't remember it, but I would be pleased to learn otherwise from someone here.

So, let's see those Scotts, Kastles, Heads, Research Dynamics, Reflex(e)s and any other wintersports branded retro/classic/vintage/cult MTBs which are hiding out in your garages, sheds, basements and attics, even if they are only destined to be parts donors for your core, cycle-branded collection.

I will ante up with my Japanese-made Authier Taxi from 1991.

More info at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=327379

If anyone finds an Swiss-made Authier with a Cinelli-crowned fork and bullmoose bars, like the ones which Pirmin Zurbriggen isn't holding onto in this advertisement, I want it!

Cheers,
The Kid

Attachments

• Taxi 3.jpg
    Taxi 3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,212
  • pirmin 2.jpg
    pirmin 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,212
:facepalm:
Looks like Ive just bought myself a Hooger Booger lol :LOL: Will put up some picks after I pick it up.

Have a Reflex ALX 89 to keep the thread going!

Lovely bike, but it was too small for me. Someday a 19" frame will turn up.. someday..!

Here is my Hooger. I got it thinking I might build a sidecar on it for my old dog to perch in. I like it a lot though so may get something else to do that with!

thekidmalone":1gsbf21d said:
If anyone finds an Swiss-made Authier with a Cinelli-crowned fork and bullmoose bars, like the ones which Pirmin Zurbriggen isn't holding onto in this advertisement, I want it!
Cheers,
The Kid

Do You mean one like this.

Attachments

• authier ferraroli.jpg
    authier ferraroli.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 973
Re:

Hi brutuskrombi,

That looks right to me. Some detailed photos of the bottom bracket lug and serial number analysis should prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was brazed in Switzerland, not Japan.

Look for a PM from me soon.

Cheers,
thekidmalone

Back