Weinman Bontrager B3C rims.

Re:

Have you tried using that white grease / lard looking stuff they use in tyre fitting bays? Might be worth a go.

Or longer tyre levers? Park and Intense sell a pair of metal levers about 6 or 7 inches long - definitely easier than the flimsy plastic jobbies (but also easier to damage the tube and rim, so use carefully).

Re:

Welcome to my world :facepalm: Mavic MA40 rims, most tyres are a bi*ch to get on/off.
Metal tyre levers, or dessert spoons :!: work best for me.

I did wonder about converting them to tubeless, if the tyres are that tight on the rims then they'd probably seal pretty well?

As I said, most tyres are super tight on the rims, although I've just fitted some Geax folding tyres that seemed a *little* easier to fit.

On any other wheels I might need 1 tyre lever to get the tyre off, and just use my thumbs to get the tyre bead back on.... not on MA40's though... :roll:

They are so hard to do (I've not managed to get any tyres on yet) that I'm thinking of throwing them away.

Or maybe machine some material off the outside diameter!

I've had two or three sets over the years and not really had any issues.

My tyre levers are old stainless steel spoons. I've not found anything better that hasnt snapped after a while

I have a pair of wheels for sale with these rims that have Panaracer Smoke and Dart II's already fitted to save you the hassle, just an option ;)

Back