saracen ruftrax 1996

georgemtb1969

Retro Newbie
hi just started mtb again after about 15 years was looking for an original 1996 ruftrax as it was my first mtb i had lw and behold i picked one up today for £50 with all the original parts on it in mint condition as it was in someones garage for the past 15 years original tyres on the bike couldnt belieave my luck was wondering if i payed to much for it and wondering how much it is worth thinking of useing it as a touring bike as i have 2 other modern mtbs a revolution cullin and an indgo inspire 3000 it rides really well brings back alot of memories of my early days rideing lol will try to post photos later off the bike as it looks good for its age

hi, I don't knwo how much it's worth, probably what someone is willing to pay, which in your case was £50, but it's more about the enjoyment you get riding it and the memories and feelings it brings back isn't it?
Create a new Topic in the Readers MTB's section of the forum and post up some pictures of your Saracen, and the other bikes too!

MacRetro rider it certainly is its all coming back to me the joys i had lol and will have yet again since i have another saracen like my original mtb one happy chap.

hi all don,t own ruff trax anymore as was in edinburgh cycles in aberdeen and some dirty rotten thief has stole it was in the shop 10 mins chained to the cycle rail ought side the shop totally gutted reported it to police for what good that will do

I'll keep an eye out for it, unbelieveable that some lowlife would steal it, especially as it was chained up. Did they cut the lock or what? Edinburgh Cycles in Aberdeen is on a fairly busy street too.

Back