rond/rodem hydro forks adapter solution

vincenth

Retro Guru
my technical english isn't great, so please help me to get everything correct if I'm using wrong words.

A few weeks ago during my daily marktplaats scan I came across an advert with no info an a vague picture. It looked like it was a concorde and it cost only 20 euro. 30 minutes later I was on my way, and my eyes didn't deceive me (see pictures below).
now let's get on-topic:
the forks are rodem hydro 1 and had no air in them. after a quick look up on google it seemed like it was going to be a tough job. I found no answers on how to improvise a plug, so I decided to share my (very non hi-tech) solution.
after some fiddling around I found some plugs to inflate an old airbed.
one end has screw thread and the other end is cone-shaped.
a standard tube valve almost directly fits on the screw end (see pics for details).
the side that you put in the valve is cone-shaped. I have sawn it of so it would almost fit the screw-thread of the fork. then I heated the tip of the plug and twisted it in the screw-thread. finally I put some isolation tape on to make the plug fit airtight.

I hope this thread will, one day, be useful to someone; writing this down took me more time then getting the forks working

Attachments

• verloop scan0001.jpg
    verloop scan0001.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 616
  • verloop scan0002.jpg
    verloop scan0002.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 613
  • verloop scan0003.jpg
    verloop scan0003.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 618
  • WP_20150519_18_38_09_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150519_18_38_09_Pro.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 618
Hi Vincent,

Very nice Concorde, that a nice price! (Marktplaats is zo gek nog niet...)
Thanks for your tip, i was looking for a plug and it is available on the WWW.
http://www.bikester.nl/fietsaccessoires ... 319660_pla
Youre idea is a nice alternatif.

Do you have a picture of the valves of your fork?
It looks like it is different from my Rond 1 fork.
The valves are "in" the turning nob's, under a screw...

Groeten Chris

Re:

thank you for making my write up obsolete ;)
The valves are "in" the turning nob's, under a screw <- it is the same with my forks, but they are branded rodem.

Hey! I hope you can still answer this, I have a question. I have a Rodem hydro 3 and it's not filled with air now, and i'm trying to get a sultion, is the "round adapter" used to inflate the fork?

Thanks in advance for still repeating a comment from 2021! :D

Latest posts

Back