Bomber Z2 SuperFly questions (with a Zaskar)

Angyalpor

Retro Guru
Hi!

Anybody use, or try this fork?
I plan to use it with a 1996 Zaskar.
Light enough? Soft enough? Not too tall, compare to the Rs Judy XC? :)

Thanks!

Re:

1999 if course.

Have one on my Kona

Air fork, fully adjustable.
65/70mm ish travel but sit like a 80mm odd fork.
Nice, not as stiff as I thought they would be (coming from Mags and judys)

Seem to have a bit of stiction, so not as silky smooth like judys, feel nicer then the mcu, about as nice as the spring only Judy.

Look excellent, don't seem to retain air as well as I had hoped but then the odd design puts the air in the chamber with the most escape routes.

Get some, they do seem to rattle and have a funny echo noise in them over certain terrain.

Light, yes for what they are. Low 3lb in a 240ish steerer version (I have the exact weight somewhere)

Now I use a Skareb, but I need to change(too tall). I'm not too satisfied with my Judy XC, until yesterday I decide to buy an XC700. But lot people tells me, Z2 is the perfect for that frame, that is similar like the Skareb, if I want to use air forks. And now, I found this for sale... :)
Then, I buy it for a try... :)

Re:

i didnt like these, too many problems with leaky seals and worn bushings. mine weighed in at a lot more than 3ibs, thats the weight of a manitou 4 or rockshox mag which are considerably lighter. i wouldnt fit a pair on my zaskar, id opt for something more reliable and light weight... rockshox i think are a safer bet :p

sean

Angyalpor":v32bq5po said:
Hm, it's 90$... maybe worth a test, maximum I change it.. :)

cant go far wrong then... last time i took a gamble spending that much on an old marz fork the play in the bushings was so bad they were unusable, then again you might get lucky. let us know how u get on :)

sean

90$ the Z2 Superlight, and 90$ the XC-700 too.
Both looks perfect, and works perfect, no leaks.
So...hard to choose. :D

Angyalpor":28yw5cz0 said:
90$ the Z2 Superlight, and 90$ the XC-700 too.
Both looks perfect, and works perfect, no leaks.
So...hard to choose. :D

out of those two the z2 is the better fork, without a doubt

And looks lot better with the Zaskar. :)
The XC700 is too...light for it. Hard feeling not to buy that beauty. :D

"Gotta catch 'em all" feeling. :D

Re:

Have both. I have three sets of forks sat in the garage for my zaskar and im not satisfied with any of em. Its a case of Trial and error i guess

Back