Campagnolo info, please

IKSMER

Dirt Disciple
Hello Everybody,

I have a Campagnolo Centaur chainset coming my way and was wondering if anybody knows much about this stuff :oops:
What bb axle length will I need (68mm shell) and will it fit on a non Campy bb? It would be nice to have a matching bb so if you have or know of one please let me know.

Any info much appreciated,

Cheers!

Re:

Hello, my Centaur came on a non-Campy (YST) bottom bracket. 124mm and asymmetric (longer drive side).
Hope that helps a bit.
I'm pretty sure I have some spare NOS campy ATB cups, I could be persuaded to sell, as I got a whole NOS bb eventually. Bearings seem to be available on the eBay.
If you then got a 124mm spindle you'd be set...
I'll drop you a PM.

will be an ISO taper too, so look for a european bb. There's a miche 122mm unit available i think

having said that you will get away with a JIS interface (japanese/shimano), just need to use a slighty shorter spindle (say 3-5mm ish).

trial and error and watch chainline

good luck

Re:

Is it Centaur road double or triple, or is it from the old Centaur OR groupset?

If it's OR it's 124 assymettric on Campag proprietory square taper (somewhere between ISO and JIS and with a longer taper-to-shoulder dimension than either, so you have to be careful about BBs otherwise you can end up cracking the LH crank)

Road double, as noted Campag 111 symetrical (ISO taper best if no Campag unit available, Tifosi do a suitable unit).

Road triple, 111 symmetrical, taper as above if 28.6mm seat tube, 115 assymetric if 32 or 35 seat tube.

:? I know I should get all the facts together before asking questions, but I get all excited and can't help myself :facepalm:

It's an OR triple but not sure which year it's from. So far my understanding from you guys is:

1993 symmetrical 111mm on Campag proprietory square taper

Prior to 1993 asymmetric 124mm on Campag proprietory square taper

Is this correct?

Back