Sunn Exact Ti

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
Hey guys I have not been on here in ages, have not been mucking around with much bike stuff until about 3 months ago, when I actually went to my storage facility, to remember what I had, sifted through some stuff and took a few bikes either too small or too large for me to the bike shop I work at part time, in exchange I told the boss to keep a look out for something nice in my size.

Went down to work today and in the yard was a Sunn Exact ti frame with everything else except the wheels.
I am pretty stoked, I did have an Xcruit? (can not remember the spelling?) but sold it thinking it was too small . . . :facepalm: (having not really riden that config, mainly old ten speeds till then)

Looking for some info and direction I guess ? Anyone know what year? I was thinking it is a 95 because of cable routing, also Canti was going out '96, so?

I know from finding out first the manufacturer, then the model etc on this site that there are a few Sunn guys on here.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20150329_175114.jpg
    20150329_175114.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,253
Re:

Hi

Looking forward to pictures. I think my Sunn is a fantastic bike, looks and rides so cool.
There are a few Experts on here that have catalogue scans so will be able to help more.
Oh, and it's spelt Xircuit I think.

Mike

I have a Sunn Exact Ti (well the frame anyhow) - I think they were made from about 97-00.

Mine is too small, but with a layback seatpost and BMX bars - it is now an absolute joy to ride (the handlebars have been rotated back a little since this pic).

file.php

Mike Muz 67, thanks for the reply, I liked the ride of my previous Sunn, agile and quite fast , used it as a commuter.

Just realized that it has a 1 inch steerer, Chaos 2 Carbon fork Black LX rear derailleur later model DEore front Derailleuer, LX 8spd Shifters Avid single digit 5 v brakes, speed dial 5 levers and LX cranks.

greencat, I like your build I will try to find a pic of the xcruit I had in mock up along a similar idea, thanks for the pic

Some pics of the Xircuit in its mock ups

Attachments

• 001 (1).jpg
    001 (1).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,237
  • NB 009.jpg
    NB 009.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,237
  • today 003.jpg
    today 003.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,237
Re:

Interesting about the headtube. Mine is a '98 Revolt and has a 1 1/8" front end.
Must be earlier then I think.
Maybe send Biocandy or Xerces, they're pretty knowledgeable about sunn bikes

Mike

Thanks Mike hopefully the thread stays going long enough for them to see., it feels heavyish, although I am used to rigid fronts so that may be the problem.

Thanks

I wonder if it is the titanium version of the Exact actually. Something about the finish and rear dropouts makes me think chromed steel rather than titanium. Or it could just be the lighting.

Or that it might not be one of the Morati Sunns anyhow. Mine is brushed bare titanium rather than shiny.

Re:

It has the top tube exact ti 2000 sticker all right, but that's pretty much it :) This is a 96 or pre, steel frame, but which model I don't know.. pretty busted chaos fork :)

Latest posts

Back