Retro sounds for retro rides...

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello, Newbie here!

So, this where we have been hiding since 1998! :D

I have a thing for music as well as classic cars & retro bikes.
I have long enjoyed playing period music in cars of a similar vintage, Robert Palmer and Billy Idol in my 1980's BMW 635 was just so right! Anyway do any of you think the same, currently when driving up to the quantocks in my 1990 Volvo 740 Turbo with my orange clockwork on board I find Pearl Jam's 'Ten' or Faith No More's 'The Real Thing' really sets the mood for the whole ride, or am I just a sad little individual? :?

Oh when I've finished my Triumph GT6 it will be early Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull and the Kinks all the way! Ha Ha :LOL:

Hey mate, glad you've found your way here! Sounds like you fit right in!!

How good is that FNM album eh.. We have a Jukebox here at work and I'm always responsible for Nevermind, Yield, And Justice For All, Early Dandy's.. Even found GNR Lies in there too..

Your 635.. You gotta put up a photo.. There's a Car thread on here somewhere..

I have to admit I have a penchant for early 90's Indie music ... Thousand Yard Stare, Sultans of Ping FC

I remember making some home-made mtb movies at PORC (Penshurst) with a walkman strapped to the camera and a line from the headphones into the mic-jack to overlay these very tunes. It seemed to fit quite well

When in retro mood I crank up my favourite band .. The Stone Temple Pilots

(Although I will admit the last two albums are sh*te compared to the first three)

other fav's include Soundgarden, Powderfinger (bit more recent), early Blur (pre Parklife) and the mighty Primal Scream !

Retro sounds for retro rides

So we have two retro things in common Stick Legs

Retro Orange and Retro Volvo, I have a '96 850 T5.

Souns?? I think The Smiths (bit early for the "pride and joys" but still one of the best bands ever) REM, Alanis Morissette (for a bit of psycobabble) and EELS are my Retro sounds, although my son has started to infultrate the CD changer, giving my age away there, and has added Muse- I don't get it, it's just not my thing, to old I guess.

Alison

..Alice In Chains [Dirt] to accompany my Second Coffee this morning..

Alice in Chains are the dogs nuts! always good to listen too when blasting along in the car...

Stone Temple Pilots too, their album Purple, is perfect driving music...!

FNM, Mudhoney, Talk Show, Mad Season, Brad..... arrgghhh... I could just about list my entire cd collection in this thread, dont really 'get' new music....

You would be surprized what new music is around ~ check out Pandora, might have to dream up a US zip code, but basically it creates a radio station with you kind of music and throws in loads of up and coming stuff

Well worth a look if you are looking for "new" old style stuff :LOL:

Latest posts

Back