90's treks

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone into them? don't see a lot for love for them really, and obviously nothing special in the grand scheme of things, but we've just had a lovely '92 Trek 970 come through the recycle charity with mostly original XT and some ritchey logic brakes.

I only started selling Treks back in '95/96 so most of my experience is with the 94+ models but this one is actually really nice!
I'm not sure what exactly it is about it but the frame, but it just looks 'nice' especially the seatstay junction area really tickles my smile bone :)

Anyone else got a hidden liking for them?

had a few trek 9/5000's and although not the greatest in terms of suspension tech, cool as feck.

If I ever see a 990 in white 18" I'm having it.

Ah this is a black 970, and de-decal'd.

Also slightly annoyingly seems to have a P2 fitted instead of the original fork, but I think the straight blades look better, just a bit annoying it's not got the original fork.

Photos?

My first mtb was a blue '92? Trek 850? 22 in frame, a bit too big tbh but was half price new from geoffrey butlers in croydon. Weirdly habe never seen one of these since.

Sold the frame when i got a 20 in saracen ltd ed frame from heffs, should have kept that one but was living in rented accomm hence no space for multi bike ownership.

P1030645.jpg

Love em

Back