Future retrobikes?

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just wondering what are going to be the class Retrobikes in the future?

Except for Kona (cough, load of bollox, cough ;) ) the most desirable bikes are by small niche manufacturers or low volume runs from mass markets.

I have a tinbred, which for some reason unknown to me seems to fetch ludicrous money second hand (one frame just went for £620 on the bay :shock: :shock: )
Does this mean it will be a priceless future classic?

How about voodoos? Small brand, Joe designed (!), American and some steel?

Cotic? Mather? Solitude?
Whyte? BMW?

OK, what thoughts for the future :?:

Matt Chester.. early Seven's..

Attachments

• ee_12_sb.jpg
    ee_12_sb.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3,123
All? :?

Like Marin Tara?
SC Blur?
Any Treks?

Not sure I can see these working for me. Sure, ok bikes. But not sure they really stir the soul or make a mark. Thats what makes a true retrobike for me. :roll:

About anything owned or desired today, will be that too tomorrow

People on Retrobike have a weak spot for classic style mtbs, from when there was only one mtb. I think brands like FAT, Yeti, Klein will remain the greatest because they once got the momentum.

The bikers of today will discuss the functioning of different suspension systems on boards like this in about 10 years. Kids from the Dirt and Street scene will source eBay for old Brooklyn Machine Works', Banshees....

The alternative community will drool over the fine examples of large wheel or no mech bikes form Vanilla, Black Sheep, Jones....

- Melvin

[ meeoow! ] Any suspension frame that worked before Specialized waved lawyers at it. [ / meeoow! ]

Any frame manufacturer who thinks " let's not please all of the people. "

Any bike manufacturer who imagines " let's pretend they don't wanted the cheapest but do want the best. "

Back