1990 Raleigh Blueridge

deliquium

Retro Guru
Hugely indebted and thankful to 'widowmaker' for supplying a karma'd frame and forks in response to my wanted ad a while back.

What I want to know is it as is commonly stated a Reynolds 531 All Terrain tubeset? I've not found any photos of these with the stickers and not come across any catalogues etc to confrim this? Also what would the unicrown forks be made of?

The reason I ask is I'm going to get it repainted and only want to use correct transfers.

Whatever it's made of, it rides like a dream :D

Have a look here for the reynolds info http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/reynolds/reynolds.htm
The decals are still sold either by Reynolds themselves or h Lloyd cycles. The blue ridge is post 1989 where the style changed so I think Reynolds still sell them. The forks on the blue ridge aren't 531 though, they are fairly plain cromo. The moonshine got full 531 frame and forks. Still Nice frames though.

Carl

Re:

Hey-up :D

Glad it found a new home, I was never going to get it built :oops: :facepalm:

Will be watching for future updates with interest :cool:

Don't look if you want period build :LOL:

Frame and forks back from the powder coater. Waiting for delivery of a silver rear pannier rack - the black one I got doesn't 'look right' :roll: Then I can finish it off with the rear dynamo (SP front hub operated) lamp and its wiring.

Teaser pic posted

Plenty more sad bloke snaps his bike *HERE*

Thanks again 'widowmaker' :D

Attachments

• 3029-SideC.jpg
    3029-SideC.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 861
Re: Re:

widowmaker":2qljiruk said:
Well done and built to be used, and not far off my plans for the bike too - bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - I'm glad/appreciate you get its NEW/DIFFERENT take.

It will have its maiden voyage tomorrow, once dyno (SP) front wheel and cabling completed to include silver rear rack and rear lamp.

I rode it a lot before going down the new colour expense - loved every mile - lovely comfortable, compliant forks - and think a frame without lugs is totally undressed ;)

You're more than welcome to come and ride it if in in North Wales anytime :D

Regards, Paul

Back