Magura Oil question - Citroen hydraluic

Re:

Yep that's the stuff. Citroen LHM mineral oil.
You can also use any mineral oil designed for use in disc brakes such as the pink Shimano stuff.

I think that the Magura 'Blood' may have additional additives to keep all the internal parts lubricated but I may just be imagining that.

You can also get Maguras to work using plain tap water, although it's not recommended for long term use.

I'll go with the above. Looks ideal.

At this rate I might get the kili built by 2016!

I use the LHM stuff, but if you've got a local motor factors, you'll get a litre for about £4. They should have it on the shelf.

Halfords are *quite* expensive.

Re:

I have a big tube of shimano oil that has lasted a couple of years and still ovet half full

I have heard of the citroen fliud being a cheap altrnative.

I do wonderif it is worth trying to save afiver at the risk of focking up a set of brakes that cost £100 - 400.

Re:

Litre purchased from auto spares for 8.04. Not worried if it might damage parts cant see it being an issue. Magura blood is so expensive.

If it was a New set I would agree but mine are well used.

Re:

A litre will probably last you forever, they don't take much in the way of oil, even when completely empty.

One litre shimano mineral oil £14 from cr delivered to yor door, so a saving of just £ 6 but complete peace of mind.... if the stuff cost £ 50 or more then i could understand the penny pinching.....

Back