Need some info about bastard Yeti arc as lt (Schwinn)

kaos

Retro Guru
Hi guys.

Since i'm a big Yeti fan i could not resist this frame on ebay from the Pros Closet.

It seem to be a Yeti arc as lt, but with a round top tube with welded cable mounts, a 1-1/8 headset and Schwinn team colours.
It also seem to be an early Yeti/Scwinn since it got cantilever mount in the back.

I have never seen this arc as lt design in any catalouge, so i wonder if it could be something made of left over material..?

Any info would be great!

Attachments

• Yeti arc as 1.jpg
    Yeti arc as 1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Yeti arc as 2.jpg
    Yeti arc as 2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,269
  • yeti arc as 3.jpg
    yeti arc as 3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Yeti arc as 4.jpg
    Yeti arc as 4.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Yeti arc as 5.jpg
    Yeti arc as 5.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 1,269
Re:

Does it have a serial number stamped on the non-drive side dropout?

My ARC AS/LT has the canti thing as well, but no welded cable guides and a 1 1/4" headset.

Looks nice that, though!

It's definitely not an ARC. But it's likely a product of the Durango factory. I think you nailed it by describing it as a "bastard" Yeti. I saw this bike in person years ago the Denver Veloswap. Looks very much to be a AS Long Travel rear end mated to a Schwinn Homegrown front end. With the addition of the pinch seatclamp.

Schwinn ASLT.

Re:

No serialnumber.

Did you see this particulare bike in person?

We all know it's not a "true" arc as lt, but i wonder if it's a prototype. For me it looks like the top tube, head tube and down tube is Schwinn and the rest Yeti arc as lt.

Re: Re:

kaos":3vfb144q said:
Did you see this particulare bike in person?

ridevintagemtb":3vfb144q said:
I saw this bike in person years ago the Denver Veloswap.

Yes ;)

It was built pretty poorly and the seller wouldn't hear it that it wasn't a Yeti. This was in like 2010.

I can't imagine it's a prototype... given it's using an existing design. But I'm asking some people who would know about this thing...

Re:

I'm thinking of repainting the front end like the classic arc and put some Yeti decals on.
Would be nice with turquise front end and with white decals and some mid 90's xt, answer manitou fork and some black or silver ringle.

I should also make a decal that says bastard yeti or something, so i don't get undeserved street cred ;)

ridevintagemtb":ge551t0g said:
Ugh. IMO, find some Schwinn homegrown decals and leave it as is.

That's an option. I was told the this frame was a team bike in "tread the movie".

Back