Show us your Spin wheels!

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
As per title, lets see those Spin tri-spoke wheels :D

I'm looking for pictures and info on the Spin wheels, I have a set that I'm shortly to begin using, what are the Pros and cons of these wheels?

Where can one find replacement bearings? is it a standard Shimano freehub that they use? etc etc...

Mine are ceramic ones !

...but I don't have any bike to put it on (I am looking for a '96 GT LTS Thermoplastic) :

14104302642_0240b4fed4_c.jpg

Re:

Interesting that you have slick tyres on your Spins, I was planning on fitting slicks to mine too, although I recall reading somewhere that running high pressures on these wheels is not recommended by some??? Any idea why it might be an issue?

Re:

IMHO

Tend to be slower than a traditional spoked wheel, but the coolness factor is ace. Downside is once out of true? what to do? Will never part with my set, and yes will post some pics soon. Bearings should not be a problem to acquire. Just get the number off of the side of the current ones and there you go.

Re: Re:

jimo746":2foe1uk8 said:
Interesting that you have slick tyres on your Spins

I bought these with these tyres on, I never rode with these..

My project is to put big slick tyre on it, like Kojak, in 26x2.35, for a "supermotard" look ! :)

Re:

here are mines ... i still just love them

Attachments

• IMG_7266.JPG
    IMG_7266.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_7264.JPG
    IMG_7264.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 775
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 775
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 775
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 775
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 775
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 775
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 775
Re:

Wow discs yes yes yes.

Just beware of the original ones the hub bonding was prone to failure, they then came up the the new removable splined hub with the locking ring which was much better.

Back