** Show us your Modern/retro Kona **

Hallas29

Dirt Disciple
I love the old school Kona's and plan on restoring a 90's hardtail with a small modern twist.
Thinking of maybe a fire-mountain or Lava dome as I have owned both.
Anybody here restored a Kona from this era who would be happy to post pictures as I need some inspiration!!

Thanks

Ash

My 1994 Lava Dome - lightly modded with Marzocchi Z2 superfly forks (were Z3 in the photo) and much nicer bits but keeping the same idea - flat wide bars (Titec Flat Tracker) and a black / green / brown colour scheme.
Weight is down to 24.5lbs, it's set up for all-day rides and sneaky overnight bivvies.

There is a camera duct taped to the seatpost in the photo...

Attachments

• lavadome2.jpg
    lavadome2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 4,313
Re:

This is why I joined retrobike, true appreciation for classic bikes!!
That's top work mate, love the build.. Very tastefully done fella :)

Ratty. Pretty much as found with new period decals. 91/92
aff7744346c34a9246560930cda3931d_zps2fdde735.jpg

Later 97 redness for fun
0a0ddfda99b386ce31a3a11414b2311f_zpsdd643425.jpg

Re:

Not thought of a rat type look, nice idea!! Looks smart mate, they still turn heads nearly 20 years on which amazes me. Thanks for posting

Re:

Wow so in not alone in my love for the old school kona's !! Thanks all for responses! Mega chuffed

hamster":txydjfu6 said:
My 1994 Lava Dome - lightly modded with Marzocchi Z2 superfly forks (were Z3 in the photo) and much nicer bits but keeping the same idea - flat wide bars (Titec Flat Tracker) and a black / green / brown colour scheme.
Weight is down to 24.5lbs, it's set up for all-day rides and sneaky overnight bivvies.

There is a camera duct taped to the seatpost in the photo...

Isn't this where we saw mini kona man?

Back