Look Fournales Shock_ need help

mherweg

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,
is there anyone who has serviced the shock from a Look Fournales fork???
Or does a manual for this exist? The normal manual for the fork says that there is no service needed and if so to send the fork back to Look..
regards markus

well hope to become a linkage fan after the repair :)
right now the shock is not properly working....
regards and thanks
markus

Attachments

• Kleinfour1.jpg
    Kleinfour1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,446
Re:

Blimey...I've got one of those, too :D :

IMG_8659.jpg

All the best,

Re:

I might be able to help you there. I have the exact same fork which I'm in the process of rebuilding right now ( got it off e- bay and I'm checking everything before I'm putting it on my bike). I do have a step-by step shock rebuild instruction with pictures that some French guy posted on the net. I have translated it in English with help of a French friend.
The shock is very easy to take apart it seems and changing the oil should be really easy too but I haven't tried it yet.
What is the issue with your fork? Losing air? rebound adjustment?
If you need to replace some seals you might have a problem since Forunales is not making those anymore and I don't know whether their Moped shocks have the same dimensions. if it's an issue with the air-valve that would be an easy fix since it's a very common part. If it's just a matter of an oil change then you're in luck since I have the instructions. Anyways I will take the shock apart soon and do the oil change and I'll document the process. Hope this might help. I do have two more Forunales forks of the first generation (one of them has a busted upper link but I'm keeping it for spares in case one of the other shocks needs some spare parts.)

Re:

If you would document the shock disassembly, that'd be really useful to a few of us on here, thank's chap.

Re: Re:

I do have a step-by step shock rebuild instruction with pictures that some French guy posted on the net. I have translated it in English with help of a French friend.

Could you send this instruction or make it available on rb?
that could be very helpfull....

As promised here are the step-by step rebuild instructions. Some of the steps (around step 6) are a little vague but that's all I have (better than nothing).
I didn't try the rebuild yet so I don't know how well those instructions will work. I especially don't know how you'll keep air out of the system when refilling the oil around step 10-11 but maybe this shock has some sort of self leveling function?? I remember replacing the oil on a Rock Shocks Monarch rear shock and it was a lot trickier than this (especially when it comes down to making sure no air was trapped in the damper shaft assembly).
Anyways, good luck and I 'll update when I attempt those instructions myself.
I just uploaded the files as Jpegs, since the retarded upload system doesn't let me upload a PDF. Unfortunately the quality of the Jpegs got crappy when saving them out of the PDF. If somebody wants a PDF shoot me a message and I'll try to find other channels to get that to you.

Attachments

• Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_1.jpg
    Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,369
  • Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_2.jpg
    Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,365
  • Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_3.jpg
    Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,364
  • Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_4.jpg
    Oil Change for Look Fournales damper_Page_4.jpg