Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:19 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: torus xt
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:43 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Posts: 38
Should have posted here 1st very sorry :D

Hi there I know its not always polite to start your 1st post (now 3rd!!)with a sale. I am nomally on another forum tritalk.co.uk

I am looking to find out what the value would be in selling my torus xt mountian bike ....probably frame only but other parts if interested. its all origianl parts ....apart from the forks and handle bars! I have had this since my teens and was the 1st bike I ever bought myself...weekly at 6pm into bike shop and hand over cash until she was mine.

Dont realy want to sell but found this site and think she would get more loving from someone here, as Im more into aero things now and am looking to get a power meter hence the sale.

Ill try and take photos later and uplad but just interested to see if anyone interested and what roughly I would get for her.

PM if interested

cheers
Sam


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Barracuda A2X frame 1994
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:43 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:43 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Under the thumb, UK
How much is my frame worth?

It's a 1994 Barracuda A2X. I bought it in 1994 off a friend who had added a red Use seat post. I'm thinking of selling it with the following extras:

- original XTR front mech
- original Barracuda aheat stem
- USE seat post
- AC headset (added a few years later)

(not the forks, for show only)

I also have a complete set of 1995 A2X stickers (for a possible respray)


Attachments:
Barracuda A2X 1994 frame.jpg
Barracuda A2X 1994 frame.jpg [ 43.16 KiB | Viewed 1708 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:04 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 pm
Posts: 4434
Location: Third stone from the sun.
The saddle on that Kona is just about the worst i've ever seen :lol:

Right, really need pics of the Torus XT, also year but from you description i'd guess around £140 - £150 for the whole bike if it's in good working condition.

I'm basing this on a nice Diablo DX bought recently for around £120

The Barracuda, depends on if it needs a respray or if it'd just be nicer with a respray, certainly looks tidy as it is, i'd guess about £80 ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:45 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 18219
Location: Sunny Glasgow
jimihendrix wrote:
The saddle on that Kona is just about the worst i've ever seen :lol:

Right, really need pics of the Torus XT, also year but from you description i'd guess around £140 - £150 for the whole bike if it's in good working condition.

I'm basing this on a nice Diablo DX bought recently for around £120

The Barracuda, depends on if it needs a respray or if it'd just be nicer with a respray, certainly looks tidy as it is, i'd guess about £80 ?


The diablo was bonded whereas the torus is plasma welded and is a far better way of putting ti together
I saw a small torus go on eb for a couple of hundred frame only and i paid £200 for my 90something torus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:33 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 81
Any idea of the value of pair of 99 Manitou SX Carbon?

The forks are working ok and there are the usual marks and little paint retouching due to a few years of use.

Thank you.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: torus xt
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Posts: 38
rooney wrote:
Should have posted here 1st very sorry :D

Hi there I know its not always polite to start your 1st post (now 3rd!!)with a sale. I am nomally on another forum tritalk.co.uk

I am looking to find out what the value would be in selling my torus xt mountian bike ....probably frame only but other parts if interested. its all origianl parts ....apart from the forks and handle bars! I have had this since my teens and was the 1st bike I ever bought myself...weekly at 6pm into bike shop and hand over cash until she was mine.

Dont realy want to sell but found this site and think she would get more loving from someone here, as Im more into aero things now and am looking to get a power meter hence the sale.

Ill try and take photos later and uplad but just interested to see if anyone interested and what roughly I would get for her.

PM if interested

cheers
Sam


Photos Now :D

New bars, stem, fork and tyres (continental cross country) only riden home from shop :shock: was going to use bike in cyclo cross series but ended up buying a new mtb for off road triathlon


Attachments:
IMG_2222a.jpg
IMG_2222a.jpg [ 205.98 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
IMG_2220a.jpg
IMG_2220a.jpg [ 245.79 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
IMG_2219a.jpg
IMG_2219a.jpg [ 226.14 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
IMG_2218a.jpg
IMG_2218a.jpg [ 210.22 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:00 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Posts: 38
oopps forgot this photo


Attachments:
IMG_2223a.jpg
IMG_2223a.jpg [ 209.89 KiB | Viewed 1467 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:10 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:35 pm
Posts: 3071
bikenoob wrote:
Any idea of the value of pair of 99 Manitou SX Carbon?

The forks are working ok and there are the usual marks and little paint retouching due to a few years of use.

Thank you.


Had this one last year to fit a 1996 Klein Attitude, sold on the Ebay for something like 80 euro's. Was in pretty nice condition...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Fat Chance Shock-a-Billy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:58 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 388
Location: Blighty
Folks, I'm thinking about selling the below...So whats it worth?

-A Team Violet Shock-a-Billy with silver AMP rear end and original shock.
-Its around 1993/94 according to its frame number.
-In good condition with some wear to the decals and paint here and there... Way too good to respray though! it even still has the original shop sticker it came from (somewhere in New Orleans!)
-No rust as far as I can tell and would come with a CK silver headset and period BB.

Size- 17-18" I would say...

Let me know, cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: torus xt
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 pm
Posts: 4434
Location: Third stone from the sun.
rooney wrote:
rooney wrote:
Should have posted here 1st very sorry :D

Hi there I know its not always polite to start your 1st post (now 3rd!!)with a sale. I am nomally on another forum tritalk.co.uk

I am looking to find out what the value would be in selling my torus xt mountian bike ....probably frame only but other parts if interested. its all origianl parts ....apart from the forks and handle bars! I have had this since my teens and was the 1st bike I ever bought myself...weekly at 6pm into bike shop and hand over cash until she was mine.

Dont realy want to sell but found this site and think she would get more loving from someone here, as Im more into aero things now and am looking to get a power meter hence the sale.

Ill try and take photos later and uplad but just interested to see if anyone interested and what roughly I would get for her.

PM if interested

cheers
Sam


Photos Now :D

New bars, stem, fork and tyres (continental cross country) only riden home from shop :shock: was going to use bike in cyclo cross series but ended up buying a new mtb for off road triathlon


Going by Dyna-Ti's input (Sorry i didn't know the Torus is welded), i'd guess maybe £350 for the whole bike and maybe £200 for the frame, you could try asking more and bring the price down if there is little interest.

Look's in nice condition, bikes are such that they are almost always worth more in parts than whole though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group