Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:20 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 492  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 pm 
Retro Guru

can someone please shrink the pictures,i have to scroll my screen 2 miles to see them!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:24 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

tiboltrider123 wrote:
How much? Will be for sale shortly due to new project. Frame only, Rocky Mountain Blizzard '93, True Temper OX3. Quite well used, but worth respraying!

hi i dont know how much its worth...... but when you come up with a price id be interested, (price depending) let me know. cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Whad'ya think? I haven't even got a ballpark for this stuff, would like to shift the chainguide stuff as spares and the cranks are in pretty good nick. Would ebay garner better results do you think and is there a particular market i.e the states or germany that are building D/H retro rigs?

Cheers any help appreciated, need to start moving stuff :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:16 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Ok I have asked this before, but still not sure what I should sell this for.

The frame is a Fat Chance Buckshaver size Medium 1997 model for V brakes. 1" headset, 29.4 seat post size, 68mm English thread BB size. RRP was £700 if I remember correct, this frame came from Bromley Bike's, bought by me around the end of 97 beginning of 98 I think.

It is currently sitting doing nothing and will probably continue to do so for some time, so I guess I will ask, what do such frames usually go for second hand?

Chainsuck plates are there, headset and seatpost would be included. There was a cable guide pully which I have lost! It was optional and gave the frame more options with front mechs, as in instead of the top pull cable route you could use a bottom cable route mech if it was all you had, I may have this in one of my many blue RS skips!

I could add 1" Judy's and a Control Tech stem for a little more cash.

Condition is good, a few bits of cable rub, scrapes and chips to the paint as to be expected with a used bike frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:30 pm 

Hi , i have a '96 Scott Endorphin in excellent cond and would like to know a rough guide on it's value .Looking to go on to full suss so may sell in the future ! All input appreciated !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:46 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Anyone hazzard a guess? Go on

kaiser wrote:
Whad'ya think? I haven't even got a ballpark for this stuff, would like to shift the chainguide stuff as spares and the cranks are in pretty good nick. Would ebay garner better results do you think and is there a particular market i.e the states or germany that are building D/H retro rigs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:30 am 
Retro Guru

tiboltrider123 wrote:
How much? Mongoose Amp '92 frame and fork only. New project forces sale. Ace condition.

not sure regarding price, but a guy on the german forum was searching for one of these. can't remember who he was but pm me and i'll find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 am 
Retro Guru

kaiser wrote:
Anyone hazzard a guess? Go on

kaiser wrote:

i have no clue about chainguide prices, sorry :oops:
have you tried to search ebay for finished auctions?
wasn't someone on retrobike searching for such a chainguide recently?

Last edited by Inigo Montoya on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:35 am 
Retro Guru

chopper65 wrote:
Hi , i have a '96 Scott Endorphin in excellent cond and would like to know a rough guide on it's value .Looking to go on to full suss so may sell in the future ! All input appreciated !

whole bike or just frame?
no estimations possible without pictures of the bike/frame itself.
endorphins are nice but not that sought after afaik.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 am 
Retro Guru

sastusbulbas wrote:
Ok I have asked this before, but still not sure what I should sell this for.

The frame is a Fat Chance Buckshaver size Medium 1997 model for V brakes. 1" headset, 29.4 seat post size, 68mm English thread BB size. RRP was £700 if I remember correct, this frame came from Bromley Bike's, bought by me around the end of 97 beginning of 98 I think.

It is currently sitting doing nothing and will probably continue to do so for some time, so I guess I will ask, what do such frames usually go for second hand?

Chainsuck plates are there, headset and seatpost would be included. There was a cable guide pully which I have lost! It was optional and gave the frame more options with front mechs, as in instead of the top pull cable route you could use a bottom cable route mech if it was all you had, I may have this in one of my many blue RS skips!

I could add 1" Judy's and a Control Tech stem for a little more cash.

Condition is good, a few bits of cable rub, scrapes and chips to the paint as to be expected with a used bike frame.

thanks for those pics. they make it a lot easier...
well the buckshaver was the "cheapo" and the later fat chances are not that sought after (unless its a ti). nevertheless its a nice frame!
i guess you could achieve up to 250 euros on ebay with a proper listing and international shipping. i would not mention the zoom seatpost though as retrobikers tend to flee in horror at first sight ;)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 492  Next