Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:25 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423 ... 492  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:45 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16748
Location: Yorkshire, England
The above xt, being early 00's have always been hard to sell, especially for any large money. So not a lot and probably an eBay job or try 30 quid for v and similar for levers.

The dekerf stuff is worth 20 quid + shipping to my house....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
FluffyChicken wrote:
The above xt, being early 00's have always been hard to sell, especially for any large money. So not a lot and probably an eBay job or try 30 quid for v and similar for levers.

The dekerf stuff is worth 20 quid + shipping to my house....


Hi, we'll, that works out to $45... I checked eBay completed listings and a set of just XT levers NOS has sold a couple times for $78 in the past month... And a set of levers with shifters has sold for about the same... So I figure closer to $100-150 per set with brakes, but I wasn't sure how much the v brakes fetch so I was having a hard time coming up with a package deal price

But you are right... I will Probably have better luck selling them on the bay

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 4
Circa 1994 Cannondale M2000. Virtually mint condition, '96 8 speed XT shifters and XT V-brakes. XT chainset and mechs, XT rear hub, CODA front hub. Easton seatpin. Recently refurbished Rockshox Indy SL forks, also have original Aluminium Pepperoni rigid forks. Shimano carbon brake booster. X-lite titanium bars and Onza titanium SPDs

Rides very well with super-smooth shifting and sharp brakes. Extremely light weight.

Any ideas on value?

Cheers,

Dan

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Posts: 332
Location: Mids, UK
Re the Dale...

Very nice! I had one but it was too small for me and gave me a bad back! Yours looks a nice size, very nice, though definitely better with the pepperonis I'd say ;)

Then sell the indys!

As for price... And only an opinion, it'd be in the hundreds, and at least 3... but not sure exactly! Up to 6 if the components are top notch?! :) depends on condition but also how some folk may prefer components to reflect year of manufacture? Frame and forks though, if in top condition, would be lovely

Hope that helps? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 pm
Posts: 171
Location: BURGOS
The XT 750 is consider one of the ugliest V brakes made (it is may opinon, but if you try to sell one of that you will have some troubles.They are dificult to sell).

It is most expensive the old 739 (and more nice for a clasic MTB), I sold some bits of the 739 in only 3 days (rear mech, and V-brakes).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:11 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:00 am
Posts: 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
madjh wrote:
The XT 750 is consider one of the ugliest V brakes made (it is may opinon, but if you try to sell one of that you will have some troubles.They are dificult to sell).

It is most expensive the old 739 (and more nice for a clasic MTB), I sold some bits of the 739 in only 3 days (rear mech, and V-brakes).


Yea? I actually like the look of them... I got too good of a deal to pass them up...

I figured I'd either sell them or use on my commuter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:12 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
MisterGrizzly wrote:
Re the Dale...

Very nice! I had one but it was too small for me and gave me a bad back! Yours looks a nice size, very nice, though definitely better with the pepperonis I'd say ;)

Then sell the indys!

As for price... And only an opinion, it'd be in the hundreds, and at least 3... but not sure exactly! Up to 6 if the components are top notch?! :) depends on condition but also how some folk may prefer components to reflect year of manufacture? Frame and forks though, if in top condition, would be lovely

Hope that helps? :)


Really? No offence but based on what? Gt-steve on here sold similar vintage after months of hard selling for 150 quid I think. That was rigid but as the forks on yours are only Indy c's then I imagine that won't add to the price, XT selling good still so I would say £200 pretty accurate.

Good luck with the sale.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Posts: 332
Location: Mids, UK
coomber wrote:
MisterGrizzly wrote:
Re the Dale...

Very nice! I had one but it was too small for me and gave me a bad back! Yours looks a nice size, very nice, though definitely better with the pepperonis I'd say ;)

Then sell the indys!

As for price... And only an opinion, it'd be in the hundreds, and at least 3... but not sure exactly! Up to 6 if the components are top notch?! :) depends on condition but also how some folk may prefer components to reflect year of manufacture? Frame and forks though, if in top condition, would be lovely

Hope that helps? :)


Really? No offence but based on what? Gt-steve on here sold similar vintage after months of hard selling for 150 quid I think. That was rigid but as the forks on yours are only Indy c's then I imagine that won't add to the price, XT selling good still so I would say £200 pretty accurate.

Good luck with the sale.


No offence taken buddy, though I did wonder if I'd get corrected if I posted on an advisory thread, I'll think against it next time as now I'm explaining myself which is as time consuming as offering up good willed advice but doesn't quite have the same sentiment (although its still good willed of course :) )!

Not based on much really... Just this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142479&start=15

:D

Good luck with the sale, and its only an opinion - very subjective things these bikes we love! :wink:


Last edited by MisterGrizzly on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
MisterGrizzly wrote:
coomber wrote:
MisterGrizzly wrote:
Re the Dale...

Very nice! I had one but it was too small for me and gave me a bad back! Yours looks a nice size, very nice, though definitely better with the pepperonis I'd say ;)

Then sell the indys!

As for price... And only an opinion, it'd be in the hundreds, and at least 3... but not sure exactly! Up to 6 if the components are top notch?! :) depends on condition but also how some folk may prefer components to reflect year of manufacture? Frame and forks though, if in top condition, would be lovely

Hope that helps? :)


Really? No offence but based on what? Gt-steve on here sold similar vintage after months of hard selling for 150 quid I think. That was rigid but as the forks on yours are only Indy c's then I imagine that won't add to the price, XT selling good still so I would say £200 pretty accurate.

Good luck with the sale.


No offence taken buddy, though I did wonder if I'd get corrected if I posted on an advisory thread, I'll think against it next time as now I'm explaining myself which is as time consuming as offering up good willed advice but doesn't quite have the same sentiment (although its still good willed of course :) )!

Not based on much really... Just this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142479&start=15

:D

Good luck with the sale, and I bow to the knowledge :wink:



Wow. Well I take it back. I'm quite shocked you got such a price though. Well done! Still think 250 would be tops but for others to decide with cash.

There was a zaskar which people posted on the eBay thread as it was listed for a seemingly unrealistic price but sold for high money and likewise others fail to make 150. Point is there's always exceptions to the norm.

Anyway hope you are being sarcastic about not posting on this thread. Its only opinions after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:37 pm
Posts: 5716
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Think you would be lucky to get £250 for that dale....

Have to agree with coomber.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 422, 423 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group