Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390 ... 492  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi how much do you think a reasonable nick 6yr old marin fire trail should go for?

Dean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

moderngame wrote:
Hi how much do you think a reasonable nick 6yr old marin fire trail should go for?

Dean

Just six? :?
I think a quick trawl of eBay might be your easiest option for that. Quarter of retail maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I have a Gary Fisher Montare from 92 in good, stock condition. (chain, cassette and rear brake pads are new) Middle chainring needs to be replaced.
does anyone have an idea of the value?
Shifters: Shimano Deore
Frontderailleur: Shimano DX
Rearderailleur: Shimano DX
Crankset: Shimano DX
Brakes: Shimano SLR and DX
Hubs: Shimano DX
Rims: RM-20 ARAYA
Sadle: Rolls
Seatpost: Proponent

Thanks,
Toon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

elPedro666 wrote:
moderngame wrote:

Dean

Just six? :?
I think a quick trawl of eBay might be your easiest option for that. Quarter of retail maybe?

that sounds about right to me, there was one on ebay :evil: at £650 which I fancied but thought it was about £200 overpriced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 am 
Retro Guru

Toon wrote:
I have a Gary Fisher Montare from 92 in good, stock condition.

I'll make a guess... Something like £200 as it's a little small and needs some tidying. Maybe more as probably rare in Europe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

A 1996 Kona Lava Dome is on my local Craig's List. I believe a small 14 inch. With P2 and originals specs.. but the saddle is a womens. The owner claims it is mint... but I can see cable rub, worn decal, a few scratches and rusty bolts.. He is asking $400. It has been listed for a few months.. with no takers.. What is a fair price?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:57 pm 
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg
Windmilling for a Scotch Egg

Midorimage wrote:
A 1996 Kona Lava Dome is on my local Craig's List. I believe a small 14 inch. With P2 and originals specs.. but the saddle is a womens. The owner claims it is mint... but I can see cable rub, worn decal, a few scratches and rusty bolts.. He is asking $400. It has been listed for a few months.. with no takers.. What is a fair price?

Sounds a bit much to me. Is that about £300?

Maybe £100-£150 at the most?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 pm 

Hi All,

please could someone help and advise on the estimated value of my old ride, 1996 Kona koa. all original except grips, rear tyre very low(originals), slight tear to seat covering. i estimate i have only used this bike on a dozen occasions over the years and i have owned from new.

i would descride her as excellent with only a couple of marks on frame (brake cable rub marks and small chain mark in usual place.

thanks in advance
philip

Post subject: Re: My 1935 CWS Help
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 pm 
Old School Grand Master

mycws wrote:
Hi all, I have been doing a lot of research on an old 1935 Ladies CWS Co-op Bicycle (CWS badge riveted to the front) I have been given but I am not having much luck, All I do know is the above information and it also has W761 stamped on the frame below the Wright seat, the other information I can give is that it has rod brakes, original bell, original back reflector, single gear and also has veneer wood basket strapped on the front, all parts are freely moving but does need a restoration as has surface rust, I was wondering if this would have had a model name and is it something of value I should be putting on my insurance, Thank you for taking the time to read this and I really appreciate any advice that can be given, I have also got a few photos if anyone need to look at it, Best Regards Mark

My guess is anything from £20-£50 on ebay. There is a lot of work to do on it and in the end it's not anything exotic. It's a bit like restoring a Ford Prefect and not a Healey 100 (if you see what I mean). It's a fairly narrow enthusiast base who would want to spend time and £200 or so to restore a utility bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm 
Old School Grand Master

#80cup wrote:
Hi All,

please could someone help and advise on the estimated value of my old ride, 1996 Kona koa. all original except grips, rear tyre very low(originals), slight tear to seat covering. i estimate i have only used this bike on a dozen occasions over the years and i have owned from new.

i would descride her as excellent with only a couple of marks on frame (brake cable rub marks and small chain mark in usual place.

thanks in advance
philip

Maybe £150 in a good day?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390 ... 492  Next