Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:09 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:43 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
oldschoolfool wrote:
hey cheers guys,thats interesting....

rampage,why are they not very good,they look the dogs.... :D
is it because of the dodgy dropouts ive been reading about?

by the way,i offered £100, but the clown wants £750 :shock:
:lol:


£130 tops, if you really want it - £100 more realistic top end. Anything more and shop around they come up quite often and dont command a high price.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9735
Location: Skipton
oldschoolfool wrote:
hi

what sort of price would a completetish Kirk Revolution with full lx groupset needing a refurb command?
the lx set is worn but complete
survivor condition

sorry, no pics but any ideas?



I'll stick with my original price. No way I'd part with £100+ for a rough, uncomplete bike with worn LX parts, especially with a frame that is known to turn to mince and was not very highly thought of bitd.

If you really want a Kirk I'd wait for a better one to come along.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:19 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
brocklanders023 wrote:
oldschoolfool wrote:
hi

what sort of price would a completetish Kirk Revolution with full lx groupset needing a refurb command?
the lx set is worn but complete
survivor condition

sorry, no pics but any ideas?



I'll stick with my original price. No way I'd part with £100+ for a rough, uncomplete bike with worn LX parts, especially with a frame that is known to turn to mince and was not very highly thought of bitd.

If you really want a Kirk I'd wait for a better one to come along.


Probably right. Impossible to guess without pics.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: rc100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9735
Location: Skipton
videojetman wrote:
what would be a realistic price to ask for this ?
fully original in amazing condition.
has been through an extensive restoration.



I don't think your far off with the price you've been asking tbh, just need the right buyer to come along. One of the problems is the large frame as it rules a lot of buyers out. I certainly wouldn't give it away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Plymouth uk
ok,now its gone past what i wanted to pay, ill put the link up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280939688533? ... 521wt_1287

what do you think?

coomber,brocklanders023,rampage,do they come up quite often then,complete like the one above?i definitely like their design


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9735
Location: Skipton
I'd be very suprised if that's not re-listed next week at that price. Either that, or someone really wants it and doesn't think they'll find another.

There's been loads on here and ebay over the last few months oldschool so you'll find another if that's what you want. The only reason to class them as rare is because no one wanted them bitd. From memory they were also giving them away at one point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:01 pm 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
The fact it's a private listing and gone so high would see me agree with with brock.

Most in the know avoid these, on ebay people tend to buy it without much knowledge and get carried away with the "funky looks" then feel aggrieved when they try and resell it.

As to videos Pace..i think brock again is on the money. The price your asking isn't far of what most would expect for a minty but as you probably know the higher end bike sales are struggling with peoples money being tight.

I would hold tight on the price, be prepared to wait sometime for a buyer and if not sold by chrimbo then box and loft store until the avaliability of cash is better


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:45 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Plymouth uk
brocklanders023 wrote:
I'd be very suprised if that's not re-listed next week at that price. Either that, or someone really wants it and doesn't think they'll find another.

There's been loads on here and ebay over the last few months oldschool so you'll find another if that's what you want. The only reason to class them as rare is because no one wanted them bitd. From memory they were also giving them away at one point.


haha,im starting to think i dont want one no more!

cheers brock :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:51 pm
Posts: 201
Location: Plymouth uk
sylus wrote:
The fact it's a private listing and gone so high would see me agree with with brock.

Most in the know avoid these, on ebay people tend to buy it without much knowledge and get carried away with the "funky looks" then feel aggrieved when they try and resell it.

As to videos Pace..i think brock again is on the money. The price your asking isn't far of what most would expect for a minty but as you probably know the higher end bike sales are struggling with peoples money being tight.

I would hold tight on the price, be prepared to wait sometime for a buyer and if not sold by chrimbo then box and loft store until the avaliability of cash is better


yeah,those private listings always make me think shill bid,especially as he wants £750 for it!!
BTW i too got carried away with its funky looks,haha.maybe i should stick to mainstream...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Chesterfield
sorry posted in wrong age thread :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group