Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:54 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365 ... 492  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:28 pm 

Great to hear some of you guys could be interested. Glad I found this site.I will get some close up shots done. This bike was my baby for years.. be good to know it's going to a good home rather than sitting in my shed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:27 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

ahem...gentlemen; we must keep up appearances; ixnay on the iddingbay :wink:

PM is your friend 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

scoobybrighton wrote:
I have an old Overbury's bicycle which I have had for over 20 years. I was thinking about selling it as I last used it 5 years ago for the London to Brighton ride! It has been in the shed ever since.

It is in need of some fairly major TLC, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The front forks are in pretty good condition... minimal rust. The frame has some areas of rust on, but considering how long I have had it, could be worse.

It has a lot of sentimental value to me, put together by a friend and it was very much coveted at the time! I used to get stopped in the street by people asking to buy it!

Any advice on whether it is worth anything or any comments at all gratefully received.

Shall endeavour to post a photo![/img]

Think I just saw this on one of the FB Vintage pages...looks like it's making the rounds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 am 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner

scoobybrighton wrote:
I have an old Overbury's bicycle which I have had for over 20 years. I was thinking about selling it as I last used it 5 years ago for the London to Brighton ride! It has been in the shed ever since.

It is in need of some fairly major TLC, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The front forks are in pretty good condition... minimal rust. The frame has some areas of rust on, but considering how long I have had it, could be worse.

It has a lot of sentimental value to me, put together by a friend and it was very much coveted at the time! I used to get stopped in the street by people asking to buy it!

Any advice on whether it is worth anything or any comments at all gratefully received.

Shall endeavour to post a photo!

Wow, you don't see many of these pop up.

Also registering my interest (sorry Carl :)) but got a feeling its going to be a bit of a tussle!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:22 pm 
Dirt Disciple

1994 Kona Kilauea, I've recently acquired this and intend to sell to fund some other project, problem is should I sell it complete or break it down as parts, which is gonna make more for my wallet and make it easier to sell?? Must point out that the frame has a 1/2 inch hairline crack to the weld at the left seatstay/seat tube junction, should be an easy repair. It's comPlete apart from tyres and has original spec.
Spec as follows
16" Tange prestige concept frame
Impact headset
Velocity stem
Wheeler h/bars
Kona seatpost
XC Pro 8speed shifters
Kona brake levers
Shimano?? Cantis with koolstops
Lx front mech
XT rear mech
8spd block
Sugino Impel chain set
Mavic 231 on XT rear wheel
Mavic 230 on LX front wheel
XT spuds

All in working condition just spit and polish to the components.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:01 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

Commonistus soldalotus Saracen Protrax SE

Pretty good condition, all LX 24spd, stem not going to be included so...

I was thinking £165 ish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

It's very nice and I would probably think much the same - but I'm not sure that in the open market many would agree!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:55 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

seems fair, even if you split it you should get that much there some pretty good stuff on there. ritchey saddle. richer amberwalls, lx groupset. etc. i have always like thos elater saracens.

although i have had a rubbish time selling stuff recently maybe wait till people get paid later in the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:07 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Full LX on the saracen, as a complete bike, if that's posted then I would say spot on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:35 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Giom6 wrote:
scoobybrighton wrote:

Shall endeavour to post a photo!

Wow, you don't see many of these pop up.

Also registering my interest (sorry Carl :)) but got a feeling its going to be a bit of a tussle!

Dont stress mate, i have retracted my interest in this one.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 359, 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365 ... 492  Next