Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:51 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 am 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
What's a fair price if I were to sell these (seller and buyer alike)?


Attachments:
Englund Total Air Front.jpg
Englund Total Air Front.jpg [ 209.93 KiB | Viewed 800 times ]
Englund Total Air.jpg
Englund Total Air.jpg [ 203.19 KiB | Viewed 800 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 455
Location: South Shields (Great North Run Finish Line!)
What do you all think this might be worth?

the bike is obviously 100% complete now...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113447

thanks in advance - Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:33 pm 
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 am
Posts: 8
Location: Lancashire, England
This bike is my uncle's and he's owned it from new however as soon as he got he upgraded pretty much everything but it's been in a dry garage and not moved for the past 15 to 18 years so i gave it a clean before taking pics. He's now in his mid 60's and i don't think he's gonna use it again. Spec:

Rocky Mountain Titanium
Top tube c to c 21.75", BB to c of H/Tube 24.5", BB to top of S/tube 18.5"
rims - mavic m321CD
hubs - Ringle
spokes - s/steel bladed
cassette - Sachs LY96 (7 speed)
R/Der - Shimano XT RDM735
F/Der - Mavic
crankset - Ritchey Logic 24/36/46 175mm arms
BB - shimano
pedals - shimano XT (blue anodized - faded)
brakes - shimano XT cant's
levers - Ritchey Logic
shifters - Shimao XT thumbshifters
forks - Answer Manitou (Easton E9)
headset - Mavic 316
stem - Syncros
bars - Syncros 22.5" wide
wheel skewers + seatpost clamp - Ringle silver
seatpost - Ringle (blue anodized - faded as per pedals)
F tyre - Specialized dirt control, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
R tyre - Specialized dirt master, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
seat - X-lite titanium rails (never used)

There are no dents, cracks or re-welds to the frame at all. The seat was taken off at new and replaced with a big fat gel selle seat in white (i have pics) so i put the X-lite on even though its a bit mucky as it's been sat on a shelf. Can't quite beleive how good the tyres have come up, they look like new with no cracks at all, we think it's because there were no windows in that part of the garage (very very big garage).

I had a quick search around and found a few more bits (got pics of everything):
FSA Orbit XL11 H/set black brand new in box never used to fit a 1 1/8" fork, Answer Taperlite bars (blue) 23" wide look almost like new, X-lite Xpert bars in grey 21.75" wide 25.5mm clamp dia like new, Pace stem in grey 100mm to fit 28.6mm steere tube dia.

The only problem with the bike is the front hub as shown in pics 1040039 + 1040040 + 1040041 where for some reason there must have been a failure in the material or machining.

Here's the link for all the photo's:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133057339 ... WSqY2YqwE#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm
Posts: 1
I have a Chorus 1st Gen/C Record (?) Group including wheels (4cd rims).
It is:

Wheels,
Front and rear mech,
Crankset with very good rings and dust caps,
Levers,
Downtube shifters,
Bottom bracket

All in very good/excellent except a couple of dodgy teeth on the jockey wheels.

What's it worth?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1185
Location: Sunny Bognor Regis
I have an 18" Kona fire mountain frame with p2 forks, original wheels and tyres gripshift velocity stem and bars that i'm thinking of selling frame is quite badly scuffed along the top tube and the seatpost is stuck. What would you say its worth?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: WTB sst .98
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:24 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:43 pm
Posts: 1344
Location: Gloucestershire YARP!!
i have a good condition WTB .98 SST leather etched, ti railed saddle.
I believe they were very expensive at the time..

any ideas how much they are worth / or how much i should be pricing it at..?

mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WTB sst .98
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
marky mark wrote:
i have a good condition WTB .98 SST leather etched, ti railed saddle.
I believe they were very expensive at the time..

any ideas how much they are worth / or how much i should be pricing it at..?

mark


Same as or slightly lower than a ti flite I would guess, so £25-30 if very good condition. Is it with the yellow or red corners?

Sell it to a GT fan, they would love it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:48 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
Scarfacexxx08 wrote:
I have an 18" Kona fire mountain frame with p2 forks, original wheels and tyres gripshift velocity stem and bars that i'm thinking of selling frame is quite badly scuffed along the top tube and the seatpost is stuck. What would you say its worth?


Famre with stuck seatpost needing possible respray, £20-30?

As a bundle, hard to say as dont know the condition but gripshift isnt going to sell for much, although original forks and stem with frame will add a bit.

With stuck seatpost and assuming "tatty" condition re marks etc on frame and forks, bundle would be about £70-90 I guess. What year might make a difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:51 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
oceanpacific wrote:
This bike is my uncle's and he's owned it from new however as soon as he got he upgraded pretty much everything but it's been in a dry garage and not moved for the past 15 to 18 years so i gave it a clean before taking pics. He's now in his mid 60's and i don't think he's gonna use it again. Spec:

Rocky Mountain Titanium
Top tube c to c 21.75", BB to c of H/Tube 24.5", BB to top of S/tube 18.5"
rims - mavic m321CD
hubs - Ringle
spokes - s/steel bladed
cassette - Sachs LY96 (7 speed)
R/Der - Shimano XT RDM735
F/Der - Mavic
crankset - Ritchey Logic 24/36/46 175mm arms
BB - shimano
pedals - shimano XT (blue anodized - faded)
brakes - shimano XT cant's
levers - Ritchey Logic
shifters - Shimao XT thumbshifters
forks - Answer Manitou (Easton E9)
headset - Mavic 316
stem - Syncros
bars - Syncros 22.5" wide
wheel skewers + seatpost clamp - Ringle silver
seatpost - Ringle (blue anodized - faded as per pedals)
F tyre - Specialized dirt control, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
R tyre - Specialized dirt master, comp kevlar 26 x 1.90
seat - X-lite titanium rails (never used)

There are no dents, cracks or re-welds to the frame at all. The seat was taken off at new and replaced with a big fat gel selle seat in white (i have pics) so i put the X-lite on even though its a bit mucky as it's been sat on a shelf. Can't quite beleive how good the tyres have come up, they look like new with no cracks at all, we think it's because there were no windows in that part of the garage (very very big garage).

I had a quick search around and found a few more bits (got pics of everything):
FSA Orbit XL11 H/set black brand new in box never used to fit a 1 1/8" fork, Answer Taperlite bars (blue) 23" wide look almost like new, X-lite Xpert bars in grey 21.75" wide 25.5mm clamp dia like new, Pace stem in grey 100mm to fit 28.6mm steere tube dia.

The only problem with the bike is the front hub as shown in pics 1040039 + 1040040 + 1040041 where for some reason there must have been a failure in the material or machining.

Here's the link for all the photo's:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133057339 ... WSqY2YqwE#


Not seen one come up on ebay or on here, but as KHS or similar less popular brand ti frames have sold for £250, I guess as a whole bike you are going to be in the region of £6-800. But that's a real guess as I have nothing else to judge it on.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:55 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
paulwakinshaw wrote:
What do you all think this might be worth?

the bike is obviously 100% complete now...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113447

thanks in advance - Paul


I would split it. Its an acquired taste build, and as all the parts are new, they should be easily identifable for price, just know a bit off what you paid and/or search ebay as modern bits are easy to find sold prices.

Not much help but then pricing a build like that is difficult.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group