Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:30 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 492  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:42 pm 
Retro Guru

cant believe i am even thinking of doing this but I need the cash for other projects... this is probably my ll time favourite bit of kit so how much for this machine tech zero weld stem......

its silver, quill 1 1/8th and NOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:13 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

nporternz wrote:
cant believe i am even thinking of doing this but I need the cash for other projects... this is probably my ll time favourite bit of kit so how much for this machine tech zero weld stem......

mmm...where's the pic...I'd like some eye candy :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 pm 
Retro Guru

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
nporternz wrote:

here you go champ

Attachments:
001_202.jpg
001_202.jpg [ 65.39 KiB | Viewed 1996 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:18 am 
Retro Guru

Never done this before but i've made my mind up now somethings got to go and it looks like it could be the Bravado,

Condition is good i would say, There are some paint chips and chainslap that have been touched in with a slightly wrong shade of yellow, There's some decal damage that has been touched up, It could do with a new headtube decal, I think that's pretty much it

It doesn't have the carbon seat or onza bar ends anymore and it has a Control Tech stem instead of the flip flop pictured. (But it will come with the original flip flop stem and bar ends)

So the big Q is what's it worth, Only gauging interest at the moment as ive no idea what its value is, but i do know they are quite rare and not many about.

Linky
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 055#186055

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:34 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

nporternz wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:
nporternz wrote:

here you go champ

machine tech stuff, and in that great condition, always does well at auction. It does not come up often, so it's difficult to say. Last year I was bidding on machine tech rear hub in used condition with some wear, and it went for over $90 usd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:10 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC

Thinking of selling, had some people ask but I have to be honest I hate selling things as dont know what to ask, too soft normally rip myself off trying to please people etc :oops:

Condition is alright I think, needs fettling as I have just put it togther and thats it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:55 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

exbiker wrote:
Never done this before but i've made my mind up now somethings got to go and it looks like it could be the Bravado,

Condition is good i would say, There are some paint chips and chainslap that have been touched in with a slightly wrong shade of yellow, There's some decal damage that has been touched up, It could do with a new headtube decal, I think that's pretty much it

It doesn't have the carbon seat or onza bar ends anymore and it has a Control Tech stem instead of the flip flop pictured. (But it will come with the original flip flop stem and bar ends)

So the big Q is what's it worth, Only gauging interest at the moment as ive no idea what its value is, but i do know they are quite rare and not many about.

Linky
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 055#186055

That's nice. The real market value would be hard to gauge due to it being rarely seen on ebay or in forums. I'd suggest placing a high reserve, and giving it a 10 day auction on ebay to see where it ends up. It's like paying for an appraisal. I'd be curious to see what it goes for. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:36 pm 
Retro Guru

A work mate has got this Kona LavaDome that he wants to sell,he's getting a modern bike,id have it but its too small for me,im getting some more spec details but looks like its got some O.E Kona parts still on it like Velocity stem ,cable guide,P2's etc,original paint too,16" frame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I'd say -----> £175?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

for what it's worth, I sold my lava dome for £200 but it was in way better nick

Attachments:
n670273353_584573_7160.jpg
n670273353_584573_7160.jpg [ 116.92 KiB | Viewed 1778 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 492  Next