Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:45 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:18 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Bolton
A pair of Suntour XC PRO thumbies, great condition.
?

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:14 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 am
Posts: 1580
Location: Cheshire
Emmelle cortina, garden gate size, not including the Crud Catchers.

Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:25 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm
Posts: 3461
Location: The Royal Society of Insobriety
Rick Draper wrote:
Emmelle cortina, garden gate size, not including the Crud Catchers.


£1.05, but only because it has a fluted seat post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:32 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11214
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
Rod_Saetan wrote:
Rick Draper wrote:
Emmelle cortina, garden gate size, not including the Crud Catchers.


£1.05, but only because it has a fluted seat post.


Harsh but kinda fair - I'm sure they've mentioned nostalgically on here recently, maybe somebody would squander a twenty on it :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 am
Posts: 1580
Location: Cheshire
elPedro666 wrote:
Rod_Saetan wrote:
Rick Draper wrote:
Emmelle cortina, garden gate size, not including the Crud Catchers.


£1.05, but only because it has a fluted seat post.


Harsh but kinda fair - I'm sure they've mentioned nostalgically on here recently, maybe somebody would squander a twenty on it :wink:


I just want shot of it, TBH If someone collected it I would let them have it! Told my dad I would ask on here if anyone thought it was worth anything more than beer tokens.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11214
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
Rick Draper wrote:
elPedro666 wrote:
Rod_Saetan wrote:
Rick Draper wrote:
Emmelle cortina, garden gate size, not including the Crud Catchers.


£1.05, but only because it has a fluted seat post.


Harsh but kinda fair - I'm sure they've mentioned nostalgically on here recently, maybe somebody would squander a twenty on it :wink:


I just want shot of it, TBH If someone collected it I would let them have it! Told my dad I would ask on here if anyone thought it was worth anything more than beer tokens.


DryStonePaul might be your man, could be worth dropping him a PM - he loves the GS!

Although if he does have it I'm taking that seatpost as finders' fee :wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:34 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:03 pm
Posts: 145
Location: between here and there
I've tried to put it off for as long as possible, but its gotta go :-(
I know i'm gonna regret it, but i need to downsize the fleet a little...

Running gear built mainly from NOS and done 6 rides maybe?

'93 RM Blizzard 18" with Syncros Powerlite fork
Wheels are purple hope Ti's on new CR18's. Rear hub was NOS. Also nos campag 8 freehub spare.
Chainset- Race Face sq taper compact with 9spd rings + taperlock BB
xt 734 brakes, 735+ 736 mechs, m092 sti's- all NOS.
hg70 cassette- NOS
bars- NOS RM branded alloy from 93/94 i believe.
93 NOS USE seatpin + concor saddle
Syncros cattleprod stem.

Also spares of:
1 cattleprod (140mm) with noodle. too long for me ;-)
730/732 xt black 32h hubs + spare freehub body
175mm xt cranks (need rings)
NOS 24t buzzsaw for above (still in box)
NOS Ritchey logic threaded headset
NOS hg70 cassette
preloved spare cassette
m092 sti's for spares..

[img][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6877601571_a5c91978e6.jpg[/img]
P1000891 by jekyll man, on Flickr[/img]

[img][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6877640667_4c3a4d3816.jpg[/img]
P1000101 by jekyll man, on Flickr[/img]


Any ideas what its worth? I suspect it will be more valuable split, but ball park figure would be a good place to start..

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:28 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 pm
Posts: 3925
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
I'd be interested in the Syncros stem if you are splitting, but hence can't suggest a value for it.

The Rocky is lovely, but I don't know how much it would be worth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:55 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16748
Location: Yorkshire, England
kingoffootball wrote:
I'd be interested in the Syncros stem if you are splitting, but hence can't suggest a value for it.

The Rocky is lovely, but I don't know how much it would be worth.


The the older one in the lower pic is different to the newer one on the bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:04 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16748
Location: Yorkshire, England
Rev Cannon Dale wrote:
I've tried to put it off for as long as possible, but its gotta go :-(
I know i'm gonna regret it, but i need to downsize the fleet a little...

Running gear built mainly from NOS and done 6 rides maybe?

'93 RM Blizzard 18" with Syncros Powerlite fork
Wheels are purple hope Ti's on new CR18's. Rear hub was NOS. Also nos campag 8 freehub spare.
Chainset- Race Face sq taper compact with 9spd rings + taperlock BB
xt 734 brakes, 735+ 736 mechs, m092 sti's- all NOS.
hg70 cassette- NOS
bars- NOS RM branded alloy from 93/94 i believe.
93 NOS USE seatpin + concor saddle
Syncros cattleprod stem.

Also spares of:
1 cattleprod (140mm) with noodle. too long for me ;-)
730/732 xt black 32h hubs + spare freehub body
175mm xt cranks (need rings)
NOS 24t buzzsaw for above (still in box)
NOS Ritchey logic threaded headset
NOS hg70 cassette
preloved spare cassette
m092 sti's for spares..

[img][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6877601571_a5c91978e6.jpg[/img]
P1000891 by jekyll man, on Flickr[/img]

[img][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6877640667_4c3a4d3816.jpg[/img]
P1000101 by jekyll man, on Flickr[/img]


Any ideas what its worth? I suspect it will be more valuable split, but ball park figure would be a good place to start..

Cheers


Split it.

Frame £100, if in good condition I think they go for more, especially given the sudden surge in people wanting Rockies (which is a bit of a pain really).

The Syncros fork doesn't really belong on the bike, it's older. But had probably the most potential worth if you fin the right buyer/time/
Steerer is short but shouldn't matter too much as it's still a common size.
So either £20 to near £200 with good condition. If on ebay then reserve at say £120.

Wheels probably ~£100 if you get the right buyer, purple probably drops their value.
Anything that has been on the bike is NOT NOS never claim it as such. especially after 6 rides. Just (probably) excellent condition. It's all used. Saying that NOS is unimportant, if the condition is excellent. Let the pictures speak for themselves.

The rest is common stuff to search the recent prices on ebay/sales section.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group