Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:08 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:52 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 1227
Location: Birmingham
Just to guage the option of a resale...
I have a Handbuilt Sirius Winter Training frame in Reynolds 531 Competition. Plan was to sell as it is, requiring a Top Tube repair. However, going to get this fixed. Have been quoted approx £90 for repair, paint & lacquer...
So, with the Frame & Forks gleaming, what would people be interested in paying if you were after a Winter Road Frame?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:15 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Nottingham
I've got a 1988 Ridgeback 602 frame - medium size, grey colour. Tange steel tubing, with original forks, bars and front brakes (rear U-brake no longer with it though).

In fairly good condition for a near 25 year old frame, although obviously some stone chips and some paint worn off the chainstays.

Been harbouring thoughts of rebuilding it for years, but now finally come to terms with the fact that it's going to be hanging in my garage for ever and a day so will probably sell.

Is there any market for something like this and how much might it go for?

can post some pictures tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:34 pm
Posts: 19
Hi all,

Looking for guidance as to what sort of price I should advertise the following frame for. Below is a previous thread which shows images:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=#1357251

Here are some more details:

1998 16 inch 6061 aluminium GT Avalanche frame. Centre of head tube, along top tube, to centre of seat tube is 21.5 inches. Centre of bottom bracket to where seat tube intersects top tube is 16 inches.

Finished in GT original (and rarely seen) 'atomic burst' gold paint with original white on black decals. A few light scratches, small paint chips and marks here and there but overall a very clean example.

All tubing is straight. No bends, dents, dings or cracks. No chain slap. All fish scale welds are perfect.

V Brake bosses and original replaceable rear mech hanger.

Also included: in as new condition Truvative Elita ISIS Drive 172.5mm crankset on a splined bottom bracket (pedals shown in pics not included).

Thanks for any opinions!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:47 pm
Posts: 233
I'd appreciate help with pricing this please:


A Knight frame with an assortment of complimentary bits:
531 butted f+f, Campag dropouts. 59cm x 57cm
27" Rigida rims on Pelissier (French) hubs, Michelin Elan 25mm tyres)
Suntour band-on shifters
Suntour SVX rear mech
Selle Italia Exo Saddle
SR stem, unbranded bars
Dura-ace front mech
Dura-ace brakes with Weinmann levers
Allez chainset (52-42)
Tange headset
Dura-ace cable clips (hardly relevant, but a nice touch!)
Am thinking £200-£230 - does that sound right, or would I be under/over selling it?
Thanks.


Attachments:
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG [ 141.4 KiB | Viewed 573 times ]
IMG_0042.JPG
IMG_0042.JPG [ 101.87 KiB | Viewed 573 times ]
IMG_0038.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG [ 150.64 KiB | Viewed 573 times ]
IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0035.JPG [ 159.94 KiB | Viewed 573 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Knight
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 2075
Location: Warks
I'm not an expert but it may struggle at the moment, I put up a lovely Gazelle for 245 and not a sniff even tho people said it was a bargain at that price; I also put up a Gitane with a very expensive Campy crankset that had no takers and replaced the crank with an SR, made 120.
531 tubeset and campy dropouts means you have a super frame but a bit of a mixed bag of components.
If you super-cleaned and polished it , fitted new bar tape and took some really good photos you may get the price though... ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:57 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9717
Location: Skipton
slh40 wrote:
I've got a 1988 Ridgeback 602 frame - medium size, grey colour. Tange steel tubing, with original forks, bars and front brakes (rear U-brake no longer with it though).

In fairly good condition for a near 25 year old frame, although obviously some stone chips and some paint worn off the chainstays.

Been harbouring thoughts of rebuilding it for years, but now finally come to terms with the fact that it's going to be hanging in my garage for ever and a day so will probably sell.

Is there any market for something like this and how much might it go for?

can post some pictures tonight.



I'm not a Ridgeback expert but from memory the 602 was quite a low spec bike and if so I wouldn't have thought you'd get more then £20/30 max for it. Being a 1988 might prick interest but I don't think you'll be able to retire on the profit. Could be wrong though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11207
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
Theeb wrote:
I'd appreciate help with pricing this please:


A Knight frame with an assortment of complimentary bits:
531 butted f+f, Campag dropouts. 59cm x 57cm
27" Rigida rims on Pelissier (French) hubs, Michelin Elan 25mm tyres)
Suntour band-on shifters
Suntour SVX rear mech
Selle Italia Exo Saddle
SR stem, unbranded bars
Dura-ace front mech
Dura-ace brakes with Weinmann levers
Allez chainset (52-42)
Tange headset
Dura-ace cable clips (hardly relevant, but a nice touch!)
Am thinking £200-£230 - does that sound right, or would I be under/over selling it?
Thanks.


Saw Mr Knight over Chrimbo and he's retiring his own 531, quite a sad day I thought be he's totally unromantic about - it's just an old bike! :shock:

Anyway, I'm biased as I think he's a top bloke, but that seems like a really good price to me. I'm hoping to get his old bike on here at some point but I need to move home first!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:23 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Nottingham
brocklanders023 wrote:
slh40 wrote:
I've got a 1988 Ridgeback 602 frame - medium size, grey colour. Tange steel tubing, with original forks, bars and front brakes (rear U-brake no longer with it though).

In fairly good condition for a near 25 year old frame, although obviously some stone chips and some paint worn off the chainstays.

Been harbouring thoughts of rebuilding it for years, but now finally come to terms with the fact that it's going to be hanging in my garage for ever and a day so will probably sell.

Is there any market for something like this and how much might it go for?

can post some pictures tonight.



I'm not a Ridgeback expert but from memory the 602 was quite a low spec bike and if so I wouldn't have thought you'd get more then £20/30 max for it. Being a 1988 might prick interest but I don't think you'll be able to retire on the profit. Could be wrong though.


Thanks for the response. Not too bothered about price - main thing is that I'd rather it went to someone actually interested in retro bikes. The 602 was about £350 new I think, so yes, fairly low spec.

Will take some pics and put it up for sale on here.

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 11207
Location: Stockport, staring at the Peaks
That's £350 in '88 though remember, you could get a car for that... :roll: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Nottingham
elPedro666 wrote:
That's £350 in '88 though remember, you could get a car for that... :roll: :lol:


The car I had in '88 cost me £100 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group