Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: third time lucky
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:45 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 pm
Posts: 8
please read other posts sorry all


Attachments:
IMG_2427.jpg
IMG_2427.jpg [ 69.71 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]
IMG_2437.JPG
IMG_2437.JPG [ 79.3 KiB | Viewed 941 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Posts: 11796
Location: Returning
beshroomed wrote:
value of a drive-side topline crank? no cracks, threads and tapers good.

Image
Image


bought a couple of pairs of these and cooks with damaged nds arms
for £20/30
so £20 ish i'd say


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:44 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 2614
Location: Near a tree, by a river in a hole in the ground....
saracenhavoc wrote:
Any ideas on this please people? :arrow:

saracenhavoc wrote:
Now i'm looking at a new bike, my Dad is thinking of joining me and might sell his Klein Pulse Pro... Got the spec off bikepedia and added a few bits that I know he changed - any idea what this will be worth these days? Its in excellent condition as he's had it from new and doesn't use it very often but he still has it professionally serviced regularly and has used it most weekends this summer.

I guess the frame would be worth a fair bit as you can literally pick the bike up with 2 fingers!

Full Spec:

Bicycle Type: Mountain bike, front suspension

Weight: 24.3 lbs

Size: Medium (18" seat tube)

Color: Solar Yellow

Frame Construction: TIG-welded

Frame Tubing Material: Klein aluminum Power Tubing

Fork Brand & Model: Rock Shox Judy XC

Fork Material: Aluminum/magnesium

Component Group: SRAM ESP 9.0SL/Shimano Deore LX

Brakes: Avid 1D-20

Brake Levers: Avid SD-1.9 L

Shift Levers: SRAM ESP 9.0SL Grip Shift

Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX top-swing, top-pull

Rear Derailleur: SRAM ESP 9.0SL

Crankset: Sugino Mighty 700, 20/32/42 teeth

Pedals (upgraded): Shimano DX PD-M636 SPD

Bottom Bracket: Shimano BB-UN52, 113mm spindle

BB Shell Width: 73mm English

Rear Cogs: 8-speed, 11 - 30 teeth

Chain: Sachs PC-41, 1/2 x 3/32"

Seatpost: Bontrager Comp, 31.6mm diameter

Saddle: Bontrager FS Plus 10

Handlebar (upgraded): Roox 4.0mm thick walled DH Riser Bars

Handlebar Stem: Bontrager

Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Aheadset Kontak SA

Hubs Front: Cane Creek Crono

Hubs Rear: Shimano Deore LX

Rims Front: Cane Creek Crono Metro 24-hole

Rims Rear: Bontrager Mustang Asym 32-hole

Spokes: DT stainless steel, 2.0mm double-butted

Spoke Nipples: Alloy nipples



So what do you think everyone?


About £50

The havoc was a low end BSO type bike
I cant even recall them being over £200 when new... Low Spec and URT (which isnt always a bad thing...) but in this case it's awful...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:57 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 95
Location: wakefield
Looking for an idea on these. Thanks

Rock Shox Mag 21, late model 60mm travel, 1 1/8th un cut steerer threadless
Image
Rock Shox Mag 21 SlTi, 1994 model 60mm travel conversion 190mm steerer 1 1/8th threadless alu
ImageAC Brace in Red for Mag 21
Image
Long Travel kit for Mag 10 / 21 as new
Image
Service kit for Mag 10 / 21 as new
Image
Tool kit for Mag series
Image

TIA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 2286
One of those braces went for £34 over the weekend mate, I've PM'd you about it as I've had a wanted ad up for one for quite a while. I managed to miss the one at the weekend unfortunately due to an internet crash. I bought some NOS Mag21 without crown and steerer for about £70 earlier this year so I'd suggest about £100 for the Mag21 and £145 for the SLti?

Not sure about the rebuild kit and tools, but I'd e happy to make an offer for the brace and more!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:26 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 1281
Location: Munich, Germany
I bought one of those AC braces new for 18€. Mine is blue.
I also got a used Rock Shox Mag 21..it cost me 38€ and it works.
Maybe i was just lucky.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:59 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16748
Location: Yorkshire, England
benbonty wrote:
One of those braces went for £34 over the weekend mate, I've PM'd you about it as I've had a wanted ad up for one for quite a while. I managed to miss the one at the weekend unfortunately due to an internet crash. I bought some NOS Mag21 without crown and steerer for about £70 earlier this year so I'd suggest about £100 for the Mag21 and £145 for the SLti?

Not sure about the rebuild kit and tools, but I'd e happy to make an offer for the brace and more!

Them prices are steep. :shock:

£40 for the 95+ MAG 21 possibly more if you guarantee them to hold air, and not have worn bushings. The steerer is the selling point though as it's long.
SL/Ti's are odd as you're paying for the finish on the legs and the Alu steerer. If the legs are immaculate than a lot of money, if they are tarnished then I'd say £70ish. Length of steerer isn't so long as to make it a must have length.

My price guestimates are incl of UK postage.

But it depends on the day who wants what.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:09 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 2286
FluffyChicken wrote:
Them prices are steep. :shock:

£40 for the 95+ MAG 21 possibly more if you guarantee them to hold air, and not have worn bushings. The steerer is the selling point though as it's long.
SL/Ti's are odd as you're paying for the finish on the legs and the Alu steerer. If the legs are immaculate than a lot of money, if they are tarnished then I'd say £70ish. Length of steerer isn't so long as to make it a must have length.

My price guestimates are incl of UK postage.

But it depends on the day who wants what.


I've done a bit of research and think you might be right.... I thought that these ones were NOS to be honest............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16748
Location: Yorkshire, England
benbonty wrote:
FluffyChicken wrote:
Them prices are steep. :shock:

£40 for the 95+ MAG 21 possibly more if you guarantee them to hold air, and not have worn bushings. The steerer is the selling point though as it's long.
SL/Ti's are odd as you're paying for the finish on the legs and the Alu steerer. If the legs are immaculate than a lot of money, if they are tarnished then I'd say £70ish. Length of steerer isn't so long as to make it a must have length.

My price guestimates are incl of UK postage.

But it depends on the day who wants what.


I've done a bit of research and think you might be right.... I thought that these ones were NOS to be honest............


These do look nice and could easily get 20 more than my prices is the right person is there. I would say ebay will get you more maybe, but after the ebay and paypal hit it'll not be far different I would think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm
Posts: 70
Anyone got an idea of value for my 1992 marin rocky ridge frame? It's the same as this http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... ewsIndex=1

In really nice condition. Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group