Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 492  Next
 Post subject: Re: Syncros Fork
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:39 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Retro_Roy wrote:
hi all
what would be a reasonable price to expect to pay for a syncros fork these days? i'm following a lead on one and would like to know if the guy is trying to hose me when we meet. i haven't seen one for sale lately so i have no idea. i also have no ideas as to the condition. so a range from poor to pristine would be appreciated.
thanks in advance
roy

Seen them go for 150 UK pounds on ebay give or take £50 depending on timing.

Might go cheaper in Canada though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Proflex 657 Expert Series

Frame Size is large.

The bike is in good condition - a little dirty at the mo but all in working order. I've had it for about 10 years (roughly) and it hasn't been used that much.
It has Full suspension and has the funky Girvin front forks setup. It will need a set of pedals however (I stole the ones it had on it for another bike). It's in good (not mint) condition. it has a few scarches on the frame from normal use etc.

I've put it up forsale on the MTB Forsale section for offers around £450 - £500 mark. It was a finger in the air price - I have no idea what it's worth.

Any idea's?

Attachments:
IMAG0492_comp.jpg
IMAG0492_comp.jpg [ 191.15 KiB | Viewed 1324 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:17 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Hi chap, without being rude £400-500 is unrealistic. I'd say that if there isnt much play in the forks, and they are in good condition, then whole bike is worth £150-200. They are nice bikes, but not rare.

Nathanman on here was selling the same frame, forks, seatclamp and seatpost for £45 delivered and it took a long time to sell, as a guide price.

There is a slightly newer pro flex on ebay that ended tonight for £40 plus post (frame only) and that had been relisted before with no takers.

Good luck with the sale.

Post subject: Re: Syncros Fork
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

FluffyChicken wrote:
Retro_Roy wrote:
hi all
what would be a reasonable price to expect to pay for a syncros fork these days? i'm following a lead on one and would like to know if the guy is trying to hose me when we meet. i haven't seen one for sale lately so i have no idea. i also have no ideas as to the condition. so a range from poor to pristine would be appreciated.
thanks in advance
roy

Seen them go for 150 UK pounds on ebay give or take £50 depending on timing.

Might go cheaper in Canada though.

last set on here sold for £ 120

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:13 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

I have a Hope Ballistic Stem, Im not looking to sell but wanted an idea on the year.

Any help would be great. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

All,

What's my 1991 Scott Super Limited worth?
XT hubs, DX/LX derailleurs, XT shifters, XT pedals, original bike apart from bars and stem, I have a period flex stem which I would sell with the bike.

Nice early original ally MTB.

Thanks for your help,
James.

John wrote:
Due to what would seem to be popular demand we've decided to setup a thread dedicated to "How much is my old bike/parts/hat worth?"

If you have a vintage/retro item and would like to know the value my suggestion would be to look back through the classifieds here and browse back though ebay.

If you really have no idea then post in this thread here ONLY. "How much" threads elsewhere will be deleted or locked.

We'll let this run and see how it goes. If you get an answer you don't like don't come running to the mods :wink:

If for some reason you feel the need to comment on the validity of how much threads please do so here.

Attachments:
DSCF6465.JPG
DSCF6465.JPG [ 309.99 KiB | Viewed 1259 times ]

Post subject: Lawwill Leader 3 Forks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 pm 

Hi Folks, This is my post, I hope it’s in the right place.

I have been fortunate to come across 2 pairs NOS Lawwill Leader 3 forks. My LBS is run by an old boy and is a real 'Aladdin’s cave'. There are all sorts of bits floating around. How much do people pay for these babies? What are they worth? I'm thinking about keeping one set for the future but I don't need 2.

Cheers

Post subject: Muddy Fox Courier Mega
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:41 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Can somebody tell me what this is roughly worth, it's in pretty good nick other than the obvious fading here and there.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG [ 92.95 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]
IMG_0034.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG [ 95.63 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:24 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC

Has anyone any idea what these Gravity Research Pipes Dreams are worth? I know some just sold on fleabay but they were in red.

Thanks in advance Kaya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 pm 
Retro Guru

I know someone selling some X-Lite riser bars in red and in good condition, now how much would you expect to pay for them?
Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 492  Next