Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:54 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 492  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

whats a rough flite with ti rails worth anyone ? 1 rip but it's been well used 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
I bought a flite off of Jez-4-bikes-max a little while ago, it was pretty scuffed and the leather was coming away at the edges in several places. He charged me £6 inc postage :oops:

Hope this helps :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:34 pm 
Anglian Deputy AEC
Anglian Deputy AEC

Ralee wrote:
Hi, any of you folks know what a Parkpre Sport limited might be worth? It's got all original parts and is in good condition. Hardly used over the last few years.

Message from wife - it's actually my lovely old bike, and I should point out, it has custom bits on it too. I am putting myself through college, and need to sell it to cover my fees.

This was Parkpres lowest model. The components are not very sought after as they are low-end kit, don't book that caribbean holiday just yet. It's nothing special and you could expect £50 on Ebay on a good day. If you get a couple of desparate Parkpre collectors (believe me they do exist) bidding against each other you may get a bit more.

Last edited by REKIBorter on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:05 pm 

pic's..........

theres a mark where somethings been sitting on it for a while....

and the rips more like a scratch

with ti rails , any ideas ? :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 am 
Dirt Disciple

As the title say's...

I am brand new to this forum..and rather than blather on about my intro and GT...you can read my first post..and intro in the Chat section....

And of course..a few details about this Gt Xizang..

J

Hi All,

I very recently joined this forum..initially to view a Road bike in the for sale section..(currently in chats with seller)

Also as a roadie..who collects 'mostly'' 70/80's TT bikes, now totalling 23! and 13 frames...I am having a thin out of Bikes too old..too new..too small or too large etc etc...

This Gt Mountain bike has hung in my Garage for 10 years now!..I used it maybe 3 times..around 2-3 years ago..and thats it..i'm a roadie..nuff said...

Problem I have had is, whilst having a good knowlege on road bikes..i know diddly squat about the off road beastie..

So..I came on here recently..asked some questions in the chat thread..got two or three answers..then thread was closed?? couldn't even thank anyone?

I posted it up for sale today..and it was up for all of 5 mins..then got taken down.I realise why...no price.

Trouble is guy's..I don't know what price???

Thought this would be the place to try on this forum..so my last ditched effort...before heading of to the Bay is;

I am heading off to the Bristol Hi-Fi Show tomorrow for the weekend...but can give contact details or email to my Blackberry if needed?

When I bought this machine..I spent £501.00 at a (now closed) bike shop here in Norwich...one of the Hubs was odd..can't remember which..so a new Hope hub was added..new rims..new XT chainset etc...

Attachments:
File comment: J
P1011530 (Large).JPG
P1011530 (Large).JPG [ 206.1 KiB | Viewed 1384 times ]

Last edited by Amaz'in on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 am 
Retro Guru

Have a pair of Gustav Ms off a Specialized Palmer FSR (the black/mango one) I think that makes them '97- sans rotors.

Lever bodies are a little scuffed up and one is somewhat more faded than the other, but they seem to be functional and are IS mount best as I can tell.

...Are they worth anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Have a vague memory of these being a bit special bitd, but I may be kidding myself... :wink:

One Pirelli branded San Marco saddle, little tear (:x) on the nose and some small damage to the plastic at the rear that I've just spotted, otherwise lush 8)
Any ideas of history and value?

Cheers! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Got a chainset which came with my Muni-Mula, cranks are run of the mill Deore LX M563, but the chainrings are all Talon red anodised - 42,32,22.. Pics.. Image

Any ideas as to their value?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Sorry for double post..i'm new to this...me and PC's don't mix...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 pm 
Retro Guru

hard to say really. i think most retro bikers here would want to rebuild it to be closer to a race bike period spec. not a critique, just an observation. your bike is in very good condition!

here's one from ebay of similar vintage, and of very nice spec:

Attachments:
xizang.png
xizang.png [ 186.79 KiB | Viewed 1367 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 234, 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240 ... 492  Next