Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:39 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 492  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:40 pm 
B.o.T.Y. Winner / Gold Trader

sastusbulbas wrote:
Still trying to get a feel for what I am doing with this, and to be honest would prefer something smaller in steel or titanium.

So how much in the UK do people reckon a medium Fat Chance Buckshaver frame and fork package would be worth?

The frame with a new FSA XLII 1" Ahead headset, used Control Tech 1" ahead stem with titanium hardware, and NOS Zoom lightweight Cro-Mo post, and old Rock Shox Judy XC 1" ahead forks. Frame has original seat clamp, and a purple binder bolt, and has it's original chainsuck plates.

Frame is well used, some scuffs and scrapes to the paint, I bought the forks from a forum member for £45 and they are well used, not been inside them but not too hopeful about condition of the internals and stantions, though the legs and crown are in very good condition (the forks seem to work ok though).

PS forks have titanium hardware too.

Thanks,
Steve

Guys,

please give Steve some help with this one ;) (and me)
What would the frame be worth? (posted :lol: )

Cheers,

Bas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:50 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Defiant wrote:
sastusbulbas wrote:
Still trying to get a feel for what I am doing with this, and to be honest would prefer something smaller in steel or titanium.

So how much in the UK do people reckon a medium Fat Chance Buckshaver frame and fork package would be worth?

The frame with a new FSA XLII 1" Ahead headset, used Control Tech 1" ahead stem with titanium hardware, and NOS Zoom lightweight Cro-Mo post, and old Rock Shox Judy XC 1" ahead forks. Frame has original seat clamp, and a purple binder bolt, and has it's original chainsuck plates.

Frame is well used, some scuffs and scrapes to the paint, I bought the forks from a forum member for £45 and they are well used, not been inside them but not too hopeful about condition of the internals and stantions, though the legs and crown are in very good condition (the forks seem to work ok though).

PS forks have titanium hardware too.

Thanks,
Steve

Guys,

please give Steve some help with this one ;) (and me)
What would the frame be worth? (posted :lol: )

Cheers,

Bas

there have been several of these for sale on ebay over the last month; I've not found them to be nearly as valuable as the other fat city frames....yet, at the same time, I've seen a couple go for more than I expected. I would value it, if minty, at $300 (USD); maybe slightly less or slightly more. I've seen them go for as little as $200 or as much as $600...weird.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:08 pm 

XT V-brake set BR-M739 incl the ST-M739 shifters from 1996 in a really good condition
Sorry for the bad picture but my ex-girlfriend borrowed my Sony Alpha camera and forgot to take it back from the hotel in Duhbai :evil:

these are the first v-brakes from Shimano,..
Got to be worth something right?
Do not use them so i want to put them up for sale ut do not know if i should ask for 10 euro or 100 euro,... :roll:

info found on sniperworks site,..thanks!
http://members.home.nl/children-of-the-korn/XT737.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:37 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

yeah 10 euro only im afraid but i feel generous today so ill give 15 delivered :wink:

rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn

Ritchey Super Comp (posted by Waterman)

I have a super comp that I bought new.

It is almost all original, tires were changed to street tires and I put a "shark fin" protector on it.

It is painted red/white/blue fade.

Does anyone have any idea of the value? The condition is near new as I have hardly ridden it. I bought it and moved to the UK. It is still in Montreal, Canada. I am thinking of bringing it to the UK so I can enjoy it or selling.

Photo and specs can be seen at the oldmountainbikes website. The serial number is 90155.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:32 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn

From Haggis:

Looking for some help lads. Been trying to sell my '07 cove hummer ti frame for a while to no avail. The '07 frame is exactly the same as the '08. It cost £1400 frame only I've put it up for £1000 with the hope headset, thomson post and XT f.mech. is this too much? its only done about £400 mile and is in 'as new' cond. Had a boy interested in frame only, how much should i offer it to him for frame only? Thanks in advance.

Stew

Post subject: ti
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:57 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

cheers Wu, i hit the new topic button instead of post reply when reading the xyz thread, its only the secong or third time i've done it now :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Hi i used to run a bike shop and was always selling things on for mates (and me).............i know some shops charge up to 30% to sell a bike for you which i think is criminal.....but maybe if your local shop is nice they may put it in the window ? for a small cut. Someone, somewhere will want it.

Post subject: Koga Miyata eXplosion
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Yesterday i saw an nice koga on marktplaats, ik called the man and asked when i could come and get it.. But i don't know much about it and can't find anything on google, so i ask you guys again.

How much could this one be weath and from wich year comes it.
Its XT and Lx allover. I put an lx crank in it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:55 pm 

ronnyf wrote:
Yesterday i saw an nice koga on marktplaats, ik called the man and asked when i could come and get it.. But i don't know much about it and can't find anything on google, so i ask you guys again.

How much could this one be weath and from wich year comes it.
Its XT and Lx allover. I put an lx crank in it.

I think Melvin can tell you all about this one.
It's the one from Haarlem?

it is a nice bike,double tubing on the front below tube.
Magura's so should brake well

what is his asking price?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 492  Next