Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:03 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm 
B.o.T.Y. Winner / Gold Trader
B.o.T.Y. Winner / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 5220
Location: York
Saracen Trekker 18"

Totally original, paints probably a 7 out of 10 condition - double U-brake, full deore II groupset except for the DX STI & rear tyre , still has the original F&R reflectors, DX pedals fitted but I do have some Deore II pedals that need overhauling that will go with her.

go on then gimmie an idea

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:37 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm
Posts: 736
Location: Edinburgh
Still trying to get a feel for what I am doing with this, and to be honest would prefer something smaller in steel or titanium.

So how much in the UK do people reckon a medium Fat Chance Buckshaver frame and fork package would be worth?

The frame with a new FSA XLII 1" Ahead headset, used Control Tech 1" ahead stem with titanium hardware, and NOS Zoom lightweight Cro-Mo post, and old Rock Shox Judy XC 1" ahead forks. Frame has original seat clamp, and a purple binder bolt, and has it's original chainsuck plates.

Frame is well used, some scuffs and scrapes to the paint, I bought the forks from a forum member for £45 and they are well used, not been inside them but not too hopeful about condition of the internals and stantions, though the legs and crown are in very good condition (the forks seem to work ok though).

PS forks have titanium hardware too.

Thanks,
Steve

Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Newbie Question
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:17 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 pm
Posts: 2
Hi All, First posting here so please be gentle!

I think my question falls within the remit of this post, apologies if you or the Mod thinks not.

My newly turned teen kids want me to take them hill riding nothing too strenuous!! I know nothing about bikes really and my neighbour has offered to sell me a Blue M-Trax 3000 (sorry can't list parts) he said its original spec everything!

Its been sat in the back of his garage for years -only ever used twice- n covered in a fine layer of dust, but it looks like it'd clean up well, he's asked me to make him an offer.

My question is how much do you think this is worth? n how much should I offer? or do I say thanks but no thanks and buy a brand new bike instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:05 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Bristle
if it's as good as he says, then it'll still be way better than anything you can buy for a ton new, so any offer up to that has to be safe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: 1993 Zaskar LE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Leicester
Hi. I currently have 3 bikes - one being my well spec'd GT Zaskar LE. I need more space, and although the bike has sentimental value, I don't think I'm really going to use it again.

Could someone give me an idea of how much it is worth? Here is a link to the spec and some images:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 336#199336


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:18 am
Posts: 15804
Location: near cwmcarn
Giant ATX one DH frameset. with rock shox coupe delux shock, kalloy seatpost, azonic DH saddle, AC DH crankset & AC chaindevice. disc & v brake. frame looks pretty mint. so how much is it all worth? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:57 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:13 pm
Posts: 3098
Location: on the trail
scant wrote:
Giant ATX one DH frameset. with rock shox coupe delux shock, kalloy seatpost, azonic DH saddle, AC DH crankset & AC chaindevice. disc & v brake. frame looks pretty mint. so how much is it all worth? :D



no idea but could be interested
rob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:21 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
MikeWarner wrote:
Hi. I currently have 3 bikes - one being my well spec'd GT Zaskar LE. I need more space, and although the bike has sentimental value, I don't think I'm really going to use it again.

Could someone give me an idea of how much it is worth? Here is a link to the spec and some images:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 336#199336


In that spec listed in the other thread, it should fetch you in the $500 to $800 range (USD); I know that's a large range...but if I had to bet, I'd say closer to $800 than $500...but no less than $500

Would probably do better to part it out; if you can verify that it is infact the LE version of the zaskar frame, you could get well over $300 for the frame alone.

scant wrote:
Giant ATX one DH frameset. with rock shox coupe delux shock, kalloy seatpost, azonic DH saddle, AC DH crankset & AC chaindevice. disc & v brake. frame looks pretty mint. so how much is it all worth? :D


I don't know much about Giants, but it's been a while since I heard of the rock shox coupe delux :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:47 am 
Newbie

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 pm
Posts: 2
Hi cce, thanks for the reply. I took your advice -after all the reason I posted was to get the opinion of more experienced people than me, before posting I'd originally thought it'd maybe worth like £200 or so. I spoke with him again he is expecting £300 for it! which I said I thought was too much and I'd have to pass.

At moment its only going to be a past time to spend a few healthy hours up on the Cleveland Hills with my teen kids before they outgrow me -I'll maybe look in the local bike shops for something round the £200 mark and see how it goes, mind if it ends up anything like my computer obsession -I'll soon be looking for a better model and spending money I don't have -i.e. on the plastic fantastic

Once again thanks for the advice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:08 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
chris_mac wrote:
Hi cce, thanks for the reply. I took your advice -after all the reason I posted was to get the opinion of more experienced people than me, before posting I'd originally thought it'd maybe worth like £200 or so. I spoke with him again he is expecting £300 for it! which I said I thought was too much and I'd have to pass.

At moment its only going to be a past time to spend a few healthy hours up on the Cleveland Hills with my teen kids before they outgrow me -I'll maybe look in the local bike shops for something round the £200 mark and see how it goes, mind if it ends up anything like my computer obsession -I'll soon be looking for a better model and spending money I don't have -i.e. on the plastic fantastic

Once again thanks for the advice


I'd urge you to look second hand, your budget should buy you a lot better second hand than new. A £200 new bike will be nothing special in any way what so ever, but £200 well spent on a second hand stead can net you a very nice bike, with a little knowledge and a bit of luck.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group