Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:20 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 492  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

nessiemac wrote:
Hi all,

Finally getting round to sorting my collection of bikes out and sadly the Chameleon has to go. It is a '99 frame built up from new by myself and has the following...

15" frame i think. 17" seat tube and 22" top tube from memory. Oh it's kawasaki green.
100mm Marzocchi Bomber Z1 forks in orange
Hope Big 'un hubs on Mavic D321 rims. (lovely!!)
Hope C2 brakes F and R.
Sram gripshift.
Syncros stem.
Not sure on Handlbars at the mo. Club roost maybe.
Period XT F and R mechs.
Chainset from my old GT LTS DH.
Syncros seatpost and SDG seat.
Modern Maxxis Tyres. Crossmark and Advantage.

I am at work at the moment so will stick some pictures up tomorrow. The bike is in a used but very good condition and will be gutted to sell but one must go.

I have no idea at all on price so if any on you lads and lassies could help then that would be great.

Cheers

Dave

£250-300 I'd be guessing, which would be in line with what Ebay prices have been. Maybe £300 more than £250 though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Santa-Cruz-Chamel ... 336094f7d5

Post subject: tioga trail dawgs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:10 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

hi, could someone please tell me the value of a virtually unridden set of tioga trail dawg tyres.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:03 pm 
Dirt Disciple

hiya peoples.

What price would you guys give a Dave Yates Donkis nob frame. Don't have any pics yet (will be taking some). Had since new when i had Dave build it for me all those years ago, but have no idea how much they fetch here.

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: tioga trail dawgs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:58 pm 

hurin76 wrote:
hi, could someone please tell me the value of a virtually unridden set of tioga trail dawg tyres.

I'm planning on putting a set of Mud Dawgs in similar nick up for about £35 posted so would think yours would be about the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm 

Woollie wrote:
hiya peoples.

What price would you guys give a Dave Yates Donkis nob frame. Don't have any pics yet (will be taking some). Had since new when i had Dave build it for me all those years ago, but have no idea how much they fetch here.

Any ideas?

Pictures will tell all Woollie. You wont be short of offers if it's in good nick and it should be worth at least a couple of hundred quid imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Need to sort some pics out I know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

coomber wrote:
nessiemac wrote:
Hi all,

Finally getting round to sorting my collection of bikes out and sadly the Chameleon has to go. It is a '99 frame built up from new by myself and has the following...

15" frame i think. 17" seat tube and 22" top tube from memory. Oh it's kawasaki green.
Hope C2 brakes F and R.
Sram gripshift.
Syncros stem.
Period XT F and R mechs.

I am at work at the moment so will stick some pictures up tomorrow. The bike is in a used but very good condition and will be gutted to sell but one must go.

I have no idea at all on price so if any on you lads and lassies could help then that would be great.

Cheers

Dave

£250-300 I'd be guessing, which would be in line with what Ebay prices have been. Maybe £300 more than £250 though.

One sale doesnt mean much
250 was a bargain there and for this level a fair bit too low :?
Im not disagreeing completely just saying i think you valuation is wrong
:lol: :lol:
Z1 bomber, :? got to be worth £70,then theres the C2's which average about the same .Pair of big uns on 321's are nice wheels selling at say 65-80 quid the pair.Syncros is always sought after
My advice is to split it up and sell it in bits.That way you'll make far more than a whole bike will sell for
It's a lot more hassle but if it was your pride and joy then a little extra work pays the bike a bit of respect for all its years of service
[getting a bit deep now :oops: :lol: ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 am 

dyna-ti wrote:
coomber wrote:
nessiemac wrote:
Hi all,

Hope C2 brakes F and R.
Sram gripshift.
Syncros stem.
Period XT F and R mechs.

Cheers

Dave

One sale doesnt mean much
250 was a bargain there and for this level a fair bit too low :?
Im not disagreeing completely just saying i think you valuation is wrong
:lol: :lol:
Z1 bomber, :? got to be worth £70,then theres the C2's which average about the same .Pair of big uns on 321's are nice wheels selling at say 65-80 quid the pair.Syncros is always sought after
My advice is to split it up and sell it in bits.That way you'll make far more than a whole bike will sell for
It's a lot more hassle but if it was your pride and joy then a little extra work pays the bike a bit of respect for all its years of service
[getting a bit deep now :oops: :lol: ]

Agree with what you are saying, but I think £300 for the complete bike is about right, but perhaps a little harsh, maybe £350. Definately considerably more if you split, but as a build (even though it has a great bit of kit) not sure how high it would go? I've watched a fair few on ebay in the last year and complete builds usually go for £250-400.

Post subject: xtr
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:59 pm 
Retro Guru

i have xtr canties 2 pairs and xtr leavers and shifters just wondering how much i could get 4 them, want to upgrade to xtr vee s full set thanks

Post subject: Re: xtr
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:12 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider

surfingpolzeath wrote:
i have xtr canties 2 pairs and xtr leavers and shifters just wondering how much i could get 4 them, want to upgrade to xtr vee s full set thanks

Depending on condition the XTR canti's will be worth between £35 - £50 and M900 XTR sti's will be worth around £60 - £80 :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206 ... 492  Next