Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 492  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:28 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

d8ean wrote:
what about all the XT bits - Complete XT all over the bike??

If you want to make the most money, split.

The XT bits would sell seperately, but if you want to guarantee getting rid of all the bits, offer the frame up for sale first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:28 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

This is my '94 Clockwork STX - it's in as new condition as the original owner never used it. It's just too small for me, so I'm thinking of selling. It's a 17" frame, was on ebay listed as a 21" frame.

It's a low sepc, but it's in such good condition I just keep looking at it! If it's not worth too much, I may as well hang onto it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 pm 
Old School Hero

Havent got a clue about this bike, Its my neighbours Diamond Back Vectra Comp, dont know what year?? May be you guys can enlighten us . . . Anyway he has just had a bambino and he wants to let the bike go
ImageImageImage

It looks like its just come out of the box even the tyres are clean (Which i gave him stick for :D ) Any ideas for a good price? Would anyone here be intersted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

d8ean wrote:
after thinking about doing the bike up, and getting a head ache (not got the time or the tools to do the jobs)
might flog my bike
LTS 1 - Spin
frame is in great nick, few marks on the decals, front forks are knackered (elastomers gone)
wheels are fine
new tyres
rear shock seems fine
any ideas on what it would be worth??
would go towards a new bike i think......
(unless anyone is willing to take ona new project and re-pair it all for me? :lol: :roll: )

The wheels are the most valuable part of that setup if they are in good shape- they regularly sell for over $400 as a set here in the states.

The XT bits would sell for a good price as well.

The Frame could also get you back a bit of loot if the right person happens to see it.

Put the fork up for sale as "parts"- someone will buy it.

the-nasher wrote:
This is my '94 Clockwork STX - it's in as new condition as the original owner never used it. It's just too small for me, so I'm thinking of selling. It's a 17" frame, was on ebay listed as a 21" frame.

It's a low sepc, but it's in such good condition I just keep looking at it! If it's not worth too much, I may as well hang onto it

That's a great looking bike, though it's lowend, still have some valuable parts depending on what you paid for it- you could make that back by parting it out. I would be tempted to keep it. Love the LX pedals.

Foolzgold wrote:
Havent got a clue about this bike, Its my neighbours Diamond Back Vectra Comp, dont know what year?? May be you guys can enlighten us . . . Anyway he has just had a bambino and he wants to let the bike go
ImageImageImage

It looks like its just come out of the box even the tyres are clean (Which i gave him stick for :D ) Any ideas for a good price? Would anyone here be intersted?

Not worth much, if anything- it's one step above a department store bike, and probably weighs just about as much. Stick it on ebay with a modest reserve, and hope for $75 to $125 if the buyer will a local pickup...guess that translates to about 180 GBP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:02 pm 
Retro Guru

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
d8ean wrote:
after thinking about doing the bike up, and getting a head ache (not got the time or the tools to do the jobs)
might flog my bike
LTS 1 - Spin
frame is in great nick, few marks on the decals, front forks are knackered (elastomers gone)
wheels are fine
new tyres
rear shock seems fine
any ideas on what it would be worth??
would go towards a new bike i think......
(unless anyone is willing to take ona new project and re-pair it all for me? :lol: :roll: )

The wheels are the most valuable part of that setup if they are in good shape- they regularly sell for over $400 as a set here in the states.

The XT bits would sell for a good price as well.

The Frame could also get you back a bit of loot if the right person happens to see it.

Put the fork up for sale as "parts"- someone will buy it.

the-nasher wrote:

That's a great looking bike, though it's lowend, still have some valuable parts depending on what you paid for it- you could make that back by parting it out. I would be tempted to keep it. Love the LX pedals.

Foolzgold wrote:
ImageImageImage

Not worth much, if anything- it's one step above a department store bike, and probably weighs just about as much. Stick it on ebay with a modest reserve, and hope for $75 to $125 if the buyer will a local pickup...guess that translates to about 180 GBP

second that.
i personally would split up the lts and put it on ebay. should get you about 500 to 700 euros if listed properly.
the orang and diamond back are both "just bikes". ride them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:45 am 
Dirt Disciple

I hope im not starting to sound like a broken record!

I have an old Pace RC100 that I am thinking of shifting on to a new home
It has bullseye cranks, Suntour XC Pro and Pace rings, Pace hubs, Merlin titamium handlebars, Magura brakes, Flite seat, USE sus seat post and more

I posted a thread in the sales part but as i did not put a price on it, it has been removed.
Basicaly im looking for info on what people think its worth.
So far from what people have said it seems to be somewhere between £450 and £1000. Its a big gap and i could do with a few more opinions on it.
Im open to offers (although im not sure if i can say that on this forum) :shock:

Here is a pic...

Attachments:
Seb's Pace RC100.jpg
Seb's Pace RC100.jpg [ 94.39 KiB | Viewed 1709 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:04 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

WinkyT wrote:
Im open to offers (although im not sure if i can say that on this forum) :shock:

If you want to obtain the maximum amount for it, sell on eBay and offer shipping to Europe.

If you want a fair price, pick a number between 450 and 1000 and place that in an advert here. I would suggest that number is nearer 450 than 1000, but if you want more then eBay is the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

As I said before; somebody on here just sold an unpainted RC100 with pace stem\steerer, Magura brakes, bullseye cranks, rims\hubs and RC fork for £700. So yours if worth at least that.

Also I believe retrobikeguy sold his RC100 for £700.

Put it in the for sale section with an asking price of £1000 ono, if it doesn’t sell, stick it on eBay with a reserve of £700.

Good luck and hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:59 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master

The number of users of this site who would drop £1000 on this are probably in single figures, however using eBay casts a far wider net. If you really want that sort of price then i'd just go straight to auction. Take lots of pictures and include a detailed description, you'll also need to offer fully insured shipping to the UK and Europe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:07 pm 
Old School Hero

this and these...

i have a vague idea but not sure what others think

mint sauce jersey, mid 90's mbuk

and 1997/8 Marzocchi bomber z2 light. i know that back then you didnt get a lot of change from £400 for them and they were what was built onto kona hot and ku so must have been pretty high end.
what are they worth now though? pretty good condition.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 492  Next