Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 492  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:54 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: l.a west sussex
yep the same one. Even though it has not been used he has kept it serviced no longer have the cranks and the hub was built on the original rim. Hope this helps for a rough price


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:39 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 pm
Posts: 3113
Location: Woking
Mmm, nice, I'd stump up £200 for that!

SP


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Zaskar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:00 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1198
Location: Cheshire
How much are Zaskar frames worth these days chaps ?? Its got no decals on it at the moment and needs a polish. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zaskar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 8771
Location: scotland
Woody wrote:
How much are Zaskar frames worth these days chaps ?? Its got no decals on it at the moment and needs a polish. :wink:


around about £100 for a good one needing polished :wink:

worst thing i ever done was sold my 91 zasker :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:18 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Heard about Retrobikes over on STW. I've got a mid 90's Orange P7 that I am thinking of selling to make some room for my new HT build, but I have no idea what's it worth, if anything!

The frame is nickel plated, but has some surface rust, I have the original F7 rigid forks, but it has a pair of Rock Shox Indy c, cranks and rear mech are old LX, shifters and brake levers are 90's XT RF+, think the brakes are old Deore DX cantis. The wheels have very few miles on them, LX Parallax hubs with Mavic 261CD rims, Onza Honch & Aggro tyres(I think). Flite Ti saddle with some scuff marks, Purple X-Lite riser bars.
Pics can be found www.westieweb.co.uk/P7

Any help in putting a value on this would be greatly appreciated!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Zaskar
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:34 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1198
Location: Cheshire
big.eck wrote:
around about £100 for a good one needing polished :wink:

worst thing i ever done was sold my 91 zasker :(


Cheers for that big.eck !!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:32 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 7305
Location: Hove
adastra wrote:
yep the same one. Even though it has not been used he has kept it serviced no longer have the cranks and the hub was built on the original rim. Hope this helps for a rough price

It's really difficult to say as they don't come up very often, and there aren't that many people looking for one, the way there might be with say a 96 Cinder Cone. I was going to say something around £200 as Splatter Paint said (if he was talking about this!), but it really does depend on how nice it looks in your pics and how well you sell it. If the Judys really are working well, which would be very rare, and it is in great working condition, it could go higher, but it isn't a gold mine I'm afraid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 7305
Location: Hove
adam1330 wrote:
Heard about Retrobikes over on STW. I've got a mid 90's Orange P7 that I am thinking of selling to make some room for my new HT build, but I have no idea what's it worth, if anything!

The frame is nickel plated, but has some surface rust, I have the original F7 rigid forks, but it has a pair of Rock Shox Indy c, cranks and rear mech are old LX, shifters and brake levers are 90's XT RF+, think the brakes are old Deore DX cantis. The wheels have very few miles on them, LX Parallax hubs with Mavic 261CD rims, Onza Honch & Aggro tyres(I think). Flite Ti saddle with some scuff marks, Purple X-Lite riser bars.
Pics can be found www.westieweb.co.uk/P7

Any help in putting a value on this would be greatly appreciated!!

P7s don't make anything like as much as you might think - £150 is typical, maybe more for yours as you have some decent bits on it. As ever, you would make at least 50% more by breaking it up, but then that's more trouble.

Surprised you found it better with an Indy than with the classic F7s.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Thanks for the reply, to be honest, £150ish is more than I was expecting! Have thought about splitting, but then you have the problem of valuing lots of parts rather than one bike.
Regarding the forks, I think it was more of a case of wanting a suspension fork, rather than needing one!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 44
Location: newquay
hi all
i have a raleigh mtrax ti which i have recently serviced with new cables and a new chain and cassette, it has pace forks and full xt apart from the chainset which has been replaced by its previous owner for an acera :?
it has old tioga mud dawg rear tyre and an original but cracked onza porc front. top tube has a few marks from where a lock may have been wrapped round and the kona ti railed seat has seen better days.
thing is would i be better off selling this complete or breaking it and selling separately? i really dont want to sell but i need to raise some cash to start my own business :)

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 492  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group