Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 492  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:14 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

sell the parts on the Raleigh , only the frame and forks are special , the rest can always be found at a later stage .

the M900 stuff should give you a fair amount of cash .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:34 am 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC

cchris2lou wrote:
sell the parts on the Raleigh , only the frame and forks are special , the rest can always be found at a later stage .

the M900 stuff should give you a fair amount of cash .

Thats a fair point and would go a good way to buying the ti-mega. I guess i'm too sentimental about the Raleigh, but then I did spend a hell of a lot of time restoring it is former glory. Think i'd wish to sell it whole for that reason, and it would need to go to very good RB home.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

NOS Mavic 217SUP gold/purple on NOS M737 XT DT DB spokes 36 hole. Built but never ridden.

How much should I ask for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:17 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

Sithlord wrote:
NO....NO....NO....NO....dont do it mark....DONT do it....

I'm with ya - don't sell this, I know you love this bike, even if it's like somebody else said, just keeping the frame and forks for when you could buld it up again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:14 am 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC

sinnett177 wrote:
I bow my head in shame for asking this, but what is my Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech worth? I've been offered my dream bike, an alpinestars ti-mega and the only way I can afford or justify buying it is to sell this on. I spent large sums of time and money restoring this bike to an original spec so think it should go as a complete bike.

If you sold it you wouldn't have a bike to match your Raleigh jersey.
So it's a no from me too. Besides which, you love that bike. You can always borrow money to buy your dream Ti-Mega, but you'd regret selling the Dyna-Tech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:55 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC

Lifes to short to be sentimental about these things. A few years back I gave up motocross and sold my immaculate 1979 Honda CR250, i'd had it 10 years and restored it down to every nut and bolt. Yes I miss it, but I know that life moves on and fresh challenges emerge. For me I need to keep things in proportion, I have a family to raise and bills to pay, so cannot justify having 2 'superbikes' in my bike collection.

It looks as though I have a retrobike buyer, but its early days. If so it will be going to a very good home, there is also a possibility of it going to a Raleigh museum, but this would be a shame as it would not get ridden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:00 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

sinnett177 wrote:
Lifes to short to be sentimental about these things.

?

Now I'm most puzzled ;-)

Isn't retrobike mostly about being sentimental about these things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:56 pm 
Old School Hero

Any ideas on this at all would be really helpful :D

jonah wrote:
Hi all,

please excuse me asking advice on only my second post but I'm in a bit of a dilemma with one of my fleet.

I own a KHS Alite 2000. My brother had this from new, barely used it for a few years, then sold it to me.
I didn't use it for a while, then recommissioned it and have been using it lightly for pottering about. Its never had any hard use.

Problem is I think I may be more suited to a hybrid in terms of what I want to use it for.

My question is, what do you think the KHS is worth if I were to sell it? I can't really find any basis on which to work :?

Brief specs:

21 inch frame
26 inch wheels
Rear wheel: parallax hub, sun rim
Front wheel: specialized hub, mavic rim (replacement wheel)
Shimano STX RC crank, V brakes and front derailleur (3 speed)
Shimano Deore LX rear derailleur (8 speed)
Power tools bar ends/stem/brake levers
Manitou Spyder R front suspension forks (working fine)

Has new brake blocks, inner and outer brake cables, inner and outer gear cables, handlebar grips and pedals.

As you can see from the pictures, I've set it up as a tourer so I may as well thing about getting a bike more suited to that role!

Any ideas of value to help me make a decision over what to do would be much appreciated :D

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I have a pair of Bontrager Racelite wheels from the mid to late 90's which have ceramic rims and hubs marked up as Bontrager by Chris King. they are straight, fully functioning and regularly serviced. They make the same lovely "full of angry bees" sound as my current King hubs.

I'm undecided whether or not to put them on my wife's newly refurbed Trek 8000 (Easton Pro-gram tubed one from mid 90's) However, she only uses it for towing our son about in a trailer and they are silly light wheels and a bit too good for this really.

I'd consider selling them if they are worth a reasonable amount as I'm pretty sure they were only done as a limited item. They would probably set off someone on here's pride and joy very nicely. If they are quite rare and collectable and somebody wanted them I'd let them go for a fair price. If they are not that special, I'll keep them and run them til they run no more.

Any help or comments appreciated. I would post pics but I've left my USB lead at work and have no SD slot in my puter. I can put pics up on Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:32 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Mint Sauce 1997 Calendar.

Mint Sauce 10 Years of.

Gary Fisher Brochure from 98 I believe.

How much are they worth if anything?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 492  Next