Hacksaws & Handlebars

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have an Easton EA30 riser bar fitted to my Kona and my god it is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide .. would like to lob off a couple of cm's from each end and was planning to use a hacksaw ..

Anyone done this, any pitfalls I need to be aware of .. will it completely knacker it ???

Don't fancy the call out charge on that job !

Can you send me a link to the kind of thing you're talking about .. far too many weird looking tools appearing on the google search.

I always use a hacksaw. Unless you know for certain what width you want the bars to be its a good idea to move your grips etc inboard and try it out before lopping the end of the bar off. Amazing the difference 1/2" makes. If you do use a hacksaw make sure to cut it straight, and then file both the inside and outside.

I've always used the plumbers tool or a couple of jubilee clips as guides and a hacksaw.

Plumbers pipe cutter mate !! Use one evry day at work !! Small tool readily available at Wickes, B&Q etc, for around £2.99 for a cheapy !!

The only way to cut with a pucker finish !!!

yep deelam. risers have no place on this forum.
John, please flex what little muscle you have ;)

Always used hacksaw without problem, just file it square and use some fine wet n dry to radius the cut.

Back