Sugino " Mighty 900 " chainset and 9 speed chains.

Agency,

I looked through some of my distributors catalogues and the only Sugino chainsets they have as compatable with 9 speed is their XD 500T Special Edition (74/110) and Mighty EX 500 (64/104). Both have JIS square tapers and the XD 500T's are available in 165 - 175mm lengths with a classic old school look highlighted by Sugino's original crown insigna.

cheers,

rody

Bugger, looks like " new rings " time. The centre's a Deore 9 speed but the inner+outer are original and mint. Cheers for looking Rody.

I use a 9spd chain/ cassette on a 8spd chainset with no problems.
The difference between the M950 & M952 (8/9spd) chainsets was a tiny, wafer hair thin spacer between the middle & big rings. thats it.
try it first..

on a side note every suginoa chainset I ever had the chainring tabs were bent from new. instal the crank on the BB, spin the cranks & feel sea sick real soon as the tabs move. Have they improved since?

If you mean the riveted ramps ( don't know what you mean by " tabs " ) then yes, the middle ring ran out of puff after only 4 years. The Deore 9 speed replacement ( which obviously worked a treat on yhe 7 speed set up I had ) seems immortal.

sorry, no i mean where the chainring bolts to the chainset. the chainset was never straight.. although this was 95/6 thinking back! :LOL:

Back