kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Yo..

I have a quandry.. Do I go for a Carbon Flite?

Is it Sliced Bread's successor? Or is it a case of the Green Ketchup*?

* Tastes the same, looks cool, just doesn't feel right

Attachments

• 53_1.JPG
    53_1.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,866
Looks the business, is very light, fits on top of the seatpost but fails big time in the comfort stakes.

Each to their own but those that I've seen with them look like they're trying just a bit too hard (ie 'nice bike, bet he doesn't ride it far').

Tranquility Base":23ok2af1 said:
Each to their own but those that I've seen with them look like they're trying just a bit too hard (ie 'nice bike, bet he doesn't ride it far').

Hahaha you sound just like one of my [long time biking] mates. I totally see your point, I guess maybe I should get something that "works" and just avoid a puddle or two if I wanna save the weight ;)

I think they look the nuts... And lets face it! The Flite Ti is hardly a sofa !! If you want comfort buy one of those saddles you used to see on a Bonnie and Clyde bike, the ones with the two rusty springs at the back !!

The carbon is my choice when I can find one next!! Then I do ride very stiff, bone rattlers, so im used to the razor blade experience !!!

If you have a nice big padded ass like this, then carbon will be plenty comfy! :D

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,797
deelam":1t147bus said:
If you have a nice big padded ass like this, then carbon will be plenty comfy!

Time to start eating the Pies... :roll:

Back