Grisley Mega20

thegrisley

Dirt Disciple
Hello All

I own and ride frequently a 1996 Grisley Mega20, the bike came with Shimano stx ltd edition groupset. I can't seem to find any info on this bike at all and I have never seen another one! Is it because they are shite??.

Is that the one with the dirty big top tube that stretches down to form part of the wishbone seatstay. Seem to recall they were a part of a larger bike group - Peugeot? I know that they were bigger in mainland Europe than the rest of the world so that may explein the lack of english language info

I also think grisley were part of peugeot .

put a picture .

are you sure it is not a Reflex ?

Hi and welcome!

I thought Peter Grisley (Canadian?) was initially involved in the design of Peugeot TeamLine MTB models. Later he got his own brand in the Cycleurope group.

Peugeot TeamLine by Grisley:

PeuTL1720.jpg

Bonded frame with Easton tubing, anodized graphics.

- Melvin

I always remember them to be decent aluminium bikes, really individual looks and not bad on price or kit. Oversized is not the word - great big fat top and down tube covers it nicely! It was the top tube that really set them apart from the rest of the 'me too' ali frames of the mid 90s. It was so big and fat that it had a little bend in it at the seat tube end, the seat tube pierced through it and it then continued down to form the seat stay!

Nice bike fella, post a pic for all to see

Back