Another e-stay Overburys surfaces

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I thought I'd share these pics that the owner of this gorgeous frame has sent to me.
He first contacted me last year when I was selling my Pioneer on ebay.
He told me about the e-stay he had tucked away in the loft. I obviously tried to make it mine, but it's of a lot of sentimental value to him and he's said he'll never sell it.
The story goes that his Dad bought a standard Poineer in 1991. He then spotted one of the e-stay frames in the shop and decided to trade in against one.
He ran this for a few years then it got put away.
The frame and forks has been sat in a loft for years, waiting to be built back up. The owner promises me that he'll get to it soon, and I give him a periodic poke to remind him :D

He first sent me pics last year, but hinted that I should keep them to myself. I contacted him again this week and he sent me some more.
I asked if I could share and he said yes!....

And I love the pic he sent of his Dad with the original Pioneer :cool:

I would be very thankful to learn the frame number of this one.

what a great story and lovely frame - keep chipping away at it - frame like that needs to be build up and put back into some kind of use, pointless lying dormant in a loft somewhere

direct him to this thread - which is bound to grow - so he apprecaites the love!

it might even inspire him to join us in our noble little hobby!

Lovely, I wonder if this was painted before or after 1991?

Who copied who.....

DSCN3666_zpscd283e00.jpg

I've asked the owner for the frame number.
If you look at his Dads original Pioneer, that is a splatter paint too! It was his Sons idea :D
James..... the owner lives not far from you ;)

That is sweet :cool:

Loving the paint.

Don't show him the thread, it'll lead to a world of pain :)

Back