What's the rarest part you own?

Hotwheels.

Old School Grand Master
I can't make my mind up, there's a few contenders. Maybe the Flite Control Cucamonga crank, or possibly the Mountain Goat bar ends.

What's yours?

Hurrycat Vorace XC comp fork. HED cross country rims. Don't know which one would be considered rarer.

my christmas present 2012 from a good mate :xmas-big-grin:

cannondale team saddle

Attachments

• 10678208263_5275a487c8_b_zpsbfe08aac.jpg
    10678208263_5275a487c8_b_zpsbfe08aac.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,813
My green bike of no longer mystery is a one off frame

file.php

Not exotic but...original 'orange lava' factory supplied touch up paint for my '96 Lava Dome. Still fluid and usable. Can't be many of those around i guess..

Not sure exactly how rare they are but I've a few interesting bits; TNT 'v' brake, Westpine hub, King Rib-Cages etc. Also have a few long-cage road mech's which aren't very common: Super Rec', Nuovo Rec', Dura Ace.
The rarest has to be some 80's Italian titanium toe clips. I've never seen any others or even found any reference to them.

Proto frame, prod ones were all straight gauge, I got one of a small batch of single/double butted team frames as a warranty replacement. Didn't even realise until I sent it back for a respray and the guy in the workshop pointed it out, apparently some were built with the back end out of line (making the discs all but unusable, these were mostly scrapped) and most of the rest cracked. Unfortunately, it's actually slightly heavier than my straight gauge frame, which is bare metal and canti only.
And proto forks, first batch of rond quake airs. Officially 75mm travel, but built with "special" insides. Better damping, but less travel. Again, team issue.

Back