Old team MBUK bike with Jo Burt paint job...

deelam

Retro Guru
Does anyone remember a bike, often in MBUK (may have been a DOGSBOLX) memory says it was a white hardtail with a JO Burt paint job involving loads of tiny multi-coloured flowers trailing from the headtube.

The memory has been rattling round my head as I have an urge to reproduce it, but could do with some photos first.

Cheers!

Yup, it was Jo's own zinn, white with white porc. Seem to remember that they were tiny vinyl flower stickers rather than paint, thousands of them!

It was a great bike eh.. lugged crown, curved bladed forks?

I remember those stickers being on an MBUK sticker sheet weren't they? I think my Cannondale SM1000 got given the "Mint" effect..

I just read that original article in an early 90's MBUK last week - they showed the front of the frame noting the paint must have taken ages...! Unfortunately I have packed it away now with all my other old mags...

that's what I remember - that it was all hand painted!

I remember the free stickers too - looked cack on my black kona!

I mailed Jo about this a few years ago - he's not got any photos, it was all done with hundreds (thousands?) of little flower stickers. The bike got stolen, as did a car they put them on - so thieves obviously have some taste. Jo was kind enough to send me a dozen or so sheets of the stickers, so at some point I'm planning on getting a graphics shop to make me up a bunch.

Flowered Up

The feature had Jo & Mint Sauce (in a cardboard cut out style) being interviewed down on Brighton seafront - I recall a pic of said Zinn with its white porcs where Jo was in the midst of doing a big skid turn, and there was a comedy white line of chalk drawn on the tarmac...it was a sweet bike, think the mag was a summer or spring special from around the early 90s...?

Back