Talk to me about GRISLEY bikes

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anybody got much info on these bikes? whats the background on them?

Pics on googlewebearth show a bit of a hotch potch mix of builds/specs etc

Are they worth anything, worth doing a build with?

Cheers.

Niall. :cool:

Stiff oversize nice to ride. Cheap to buy. Had a mega 10, if it had been bigger would have kept it.

49b9414968cabe344115ac2f05c9fa9a_zpsc2caf7e1.jpg

For me the best looking was the Mega 40 with a marzocchi 500 fork and Lx group, very very nice. I love it. It was made near the 95 and in that years was one of my dream bikes and more afordable than the others I like (Merlin, Yeti, Rocky mountain, Klein ...).

grisley_redimensionar_redimensionar_redimensionar.jpg

Ah thankyou for the offer but I will kindly decline :)

I have picked up a mega 2S, not a lot of info on this frame it seems, other than it was desighned to run a suspension fork, or so goooogle tells me, found info for all other mega 10/20/30/40 etc.

Not really sure what to do with it :facepalm:

I had two Grisleys but got rid of the Orion 20 keeping just the Nimbus Paragon. The Orion came with awful Acera-X components which all broke within a year of hard use: one of the cranks snapped! I replaced all the bits over time with Deore LX/XT but it eventually ended up at the recycling centre two years ago.

The Nimbus came with Deore XT everything apart from the mechs which were XTR, Mavic 217 ceramic rims, Fox Alps 4R rear shock, Judy fork, magnesium handlebars, XT SPDs and titanium seat post. Quite a bargain in 1997 at £1299.

Back