XTR levers for Canti's

andybike

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi~
Can I use the 950 levers for Canti brakes?Am wanting to use thumbies and rest of kit is XTR so wanting same for levers if possible.Anyone with any info/ideas please.
Andybike :D

That grouppo came with v brakes and therefore v brake levers. You can still use thumbies though. Tons of canti levers to chose from if you decide to run cantilever brakes.

Unfortuntley girlonbike is right. The previous gen M900 groupset came with STI so that's out. Shimano XT M732 or M733 levers are a good choice or Dia Compe SS7 and Suntour XC pro are another. Plenty to choose from.

You could always cut the pod mounts off M900s if you're set on running XTR levers w. thumbies. I've seen a few people do that.

Yes~Would not have the heart to cut up a pair of levers~
As you say plenty of choice out there so will be looking :D
Thanks Andy

Their are plenty of levers with broken pods. Chop them off and/or sell the pods.

Best you can get for canti are the m900 and similar xt/dx SLR plus servowaves. Ss7 etc do not come close

Thanks for that~suspect m900/m950 mixed up in message.
Will start looking for some M900's and a new blade for hacksaw :shock: :facepalm:
Andybike :D

I have some XT levers that someone has cut the shifters off and they are great, I use them with an Alfine shifter on my all-purpose Karakoram Elite.

Back